New to the group

• MYKO
  • MYKO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

MYKO created the topic: New to the group

Hello my name is Myko I have a fifty gallon six sided tank. I have 1 tiger oscar (8-10inches), 6 jack dempseys(ranging from 6 - 2inches), one 12 inch striped poly etrus (spelling may be wrong its similar to a rope fish much shorter and more stout) and unfortunatly my 3 albino cori cats have disapeared from the tank. I am looking to get a bigger tank (200 gal.) obviously the one I have now is beginning to get over crowded. I love oscars to me they are like the dog of the fish world. Some may disagree, but I think they have personality, and my oscar deffinitely dominates the tank. I have alot of drift wood in my tank so the other fish spend alot of time hiding. When people come over the only fish they typically see is the oscar. However there are moments typically in the evening and of course when I feed them that all the fish are out reestablishing there pecking order in the tank. I have spent hours just observing them and find it very relaxing. My family loves it too. I will post pics of my tank and fish as soon as I upload them I just bought my first dig. camera other wise I would have posted some already.

C-ya round

MYKO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:New to the group

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Yes, Oscars certainly seemed to have some kind of personality. Mind you, I think this is a trend cichlids, I recently adopted a jade cichlid and this little chap is lovely. He hangs around the front of the tank just like the Oscars and is really rather a nice addition to the tank, although he can be a little bossy at times, mostly at feeding time. He hasn't bossy Oscars round it all, just all the other fish, is very amusing.

Anyway, glad to have you on board and please do post from photographs. In fact, if I get enough people interested in sending the photos, I will open a new gallery for users photos. So if you could make photos as good as possible, blurred photos are not really usable, I will put them on.

By the way, what country do you come from? You have a very unusual name. Almost Japanese sounding. I thought my name was unusual. Mind you, at least we are not the same as everybody else

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• MYKO
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

MYKO replied the topic: Re:New to the group

I live in the U.S., but I'm filipino and mexican. My name is actually Michael my girlfriend like's to call me Myko (Pronounced MY-KO). Ya know like yo Myko.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:New to the group

I see. Whereabouts in the United States do you live?

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• MYKO
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

MYKO replied the topic: Re:New to the group

Milwaukee, WI

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds