New to Oscar care and well what do you know fallen in love haha

• Connermb1
  • Connermb1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Connermb1 replied the topic: Re:New to Oscar care and well what do you know fallen in love haha

Yeah Pleco is a mean dude he is about 7 inch and don't take shit of my big buddy's which are about 9-10 inch at min previous owner said they was 3 mounth old but I highly doubt that lol I hate neglectful people who have no respect for animals really boils my piss lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Connermb1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Connermb1 replied the topic: Re:New to Oscar care and well what do you know fallen in love haha

And oscars are on as follows ..... Cichlid flakes , spirulina floating sticks and 3mm sinking cichlid pellets bought them through eBay have a look I think they have the appropriate nutrients for them to thrive any opinions or top tips I have given them a couple of de shelled garden peas and a small bit of fresh salmon

• Connermb1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

I am giving them different food every day out of previous list as I have heard they get fussy is this true ?? Sorry for so many question guys just wanna make my buddy's healthy and fit as they was in very poor condition as I previously mentioned

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:New to Oscar care and well what do you know fallen in love haha

Peas offer little in nutrition, they are more effective as a laxitive of sorts. At these fish's size, everyday feeding is not necessary, and really not good for them or the health of the tank in general. More food = more waste= poorer water. Quality pellet is the best staple. Flake doesnt really offer much for large cichlids. Try a fruit piece or two. Orange, banana. FD krill is a superb weekly treat, high in fiber. I have used Hikari, Omega 1 as a staple, but the past few months have switched to Northfin. Superior fish food imo.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Connermb1
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Thanks for the advice :) just what I joined the ofl for first forum I have ever joined tbh and think it's great can't get off it lol think I have a mild Oscar addiction that is growing by the day haha they never fail to amuse me have sat and watched them for the best part of 4 hours lol who needs a tv when you got fish lol chameleon was not impressed like but he will warm to them I am sure just read that crickets are also a good treet and I have a good breeding line for Charlie ( chameleon) have you had any experience in treating them to a bug now and then ??? 25 past 12 in morning here so will be logging of soon if I can peel myself away from the tank lol

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds