Albino Oscar behaving strangely

• Crystal_33
  • Crystal_33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Crystal_33 created the topic: Albino Oscar behaving strangely

My albino oscar has been very active since we brought him home a couple weeks ago but today i am noticing that he has been laying around at the bottom of his tank and only coming out periodically to eat or do a lap around the tank then its back to the bottom corner where he just lays on his side and almost looks dead.
His water levels are spot on with only pH being a bit high but not outrageous. He has been eatting and like i said will do a few laps around the tank.
I have noticed that he does become extremely stressed out whenever there is a water change done and has what i refer to as "temper tantrums" sometimes.
I just did a water change yesterday and removed 2 of the 4 of the air walls that had been in the tank and replaced them with an air stone and smaller air wall. I did notice that he was very fond of the swimming in the bubbles from all the air walls and am wondering if maybe the drastic reduction in the aeration in combination with the stress from the water change could be the cause of the change in his behavior.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Albino Oscar behaving strangely

His water levels are spot on with only pH being a bit high but not outrageous.

it has no meaning unless we knew the exact paramaters..
we would like to know what exactly are the level of the ff:
ammonia = ?
nitrite =?
nitrate = ?
pH = ?
temp = ?

how long did tank had been set up?
when did you get the fish?

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Albino Oscar behaving strangely

As requested, specific parameter readings please. Also tank size and filtration. Tip for Albino/Lutinos.. keep lights very dim or better still none.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds