Great Site!

• Nostymos
  • Nostymos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Nostymos created the topic: Great Site!

Hey guys, been lurking since February, figure I'll introduce myself now. I'm new to the fish hobby, but in deep now and I love it. I've picked up a 55 gallon tank on CL to house some piranhas (in a 20 gallon tank) I "inherited" from a deadbeat tenant, but the tank came with a 12" Oscar. I was trying to give him/her away while setting up the tank, but the more I learned about the fish and experienced his/her personality, we fell in love with him/her. I then proceeded to put the piranha and the Oscar together in the 55 gallon. The Oscar would bully the piranha during the day, but after the first night together, I noticed a little fin nips on the Oscar and realized I didn't want to subject the Oscar to live like that after having the 55 gallon to himself, with a couple of plecos. So I looked to get a larger tank for the Oscar and I found a great 150 gallon tank to house him/her in. Now Sherbert, as my oldest daughter called him/her, has been living in the 55 gallon since April with two Jacks and one 6" oscar, Nugget (and the two plecos).

I've got a FX-5, Fluval 405 and an Eheim 2217 for filtration.

I'll try to post some pictures (when I figure out how, other than links), any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Great information and thanks to the moderators for keeping it going.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Great Site!

welcome to the community...

yeah oscar and piranha will never mix... especially when tank is not big enough.
you can post pictures LOL! the community loves pictures.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds