New Here dropped by to say Hi

• Snaggs
  • Snaggs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Snaggs created the topic: New Here dropped by to say Hi

Hi Guys/Gals

I just wanted to say hi really I have been reading the forum pages now for the last few months, thanks for all the amazing advice and information I have gathered about these amazing fish.

So I have got my new tank (second hand) Juwel 350 Litre 4ft Tank. I scrubbed the whole tank making it look like new, soaked the bog wood, and cleaned the black gravel. Painted the back and left side panel black. Once happy everything was ready I moved my tank to its final location in my front room ready for set up.

Im running a All Pond Solution EF2 1400L/H Filter, I cycled the tank using water from my established 100L tank and also housed a selection of fish in my new tank to get everything up and running and get the filter established with all the friendly bacteria required. I also have a internal filter running which is a friends that came from his 350 litre tank.

I have now had the all clear on water perimeters for 4 days so been and bought my new baby Tiger Oscar.
He is a little shy and jumpy at the moment he did eat a good meal last night of blood worm but this morning didnt want to come up for food.

So thats me and my 2 1/2inch Tiger Oscars life so far and thought we would pop by to say hi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: New Here dropped by to say Hi

hahaha... welcome to the community... and embrace the addiction...
we love oscar fish pictures bytheway... keep it coming..

• Snaggs
  • Snaggs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Snaggs replied the topic: New Here dropped by to say Hi

Thanks Draco,

Im just waiting on my new LED lighting and cover to arrive it should all be ready for photos by wednesday.

I had thought I could get on with the old lighting that came with the tank but NOOOOOOOOO I hate it!!

So me and Oscar have decided he needs LED lighting to show him off. So like any good model hes being a dever B) and wants to wait till we catch him in perfect lighting. So photos to follow..........

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds