HELLO TO ALL

• Žarić
  • Žarić's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Žarić created the topic: HELLO TO ALL

]Hay to all, sorry about my english,

I am from Mostar Bih and had just bought one red oscar, one jack damsey an 6 silver dollars. They are all housed in Rio 300 aquarium, Rio 300 is 350l or 90 Gallons.

Tank is 120 cm x 50 x 66 cm something like that...

FILTRATION: 4 canister filters

1x EHEIM Professionel 4+ 600 / for 600 L aquarium
2x JBL Cristal Profi 901 / for 2x300 L aquarium
1x JBL Cristal Profi 1501 / for 600 L aquarium

mechanical filtration are eheim rings and jbl corsa foam and jbl VL filter voal

biological filtration are sera siporax, tropical poro rings and eheim substrat pro

UV lamp JBL 11 W 7/24h

AIR PUMP:

EHEIM 400

LIGHTNING:

1x LED Aqualighter 2 60 cm
1x LED Aqualighter 2 30 cm

HEATERS:

1x Hydor inline 200w
1x Tetra 300 W

UPC APS for back up, 3 filters run on it

Aquarium pictures, its not full lenght of aquarium sorry, next time beter pictures

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: HELLO TO ALL

Hello and welcome to OFL. Very nice tank and WOW what a pile of filtration. Its too much really, but no harm. Your fish are small, so room is not an issue at this point. You will have an overstock problem soon enough.. Tank will hold the Oscar fine by itself. The SD really need more swim space. JD is a smaller fish as an adult, but may decide to pound your Oscar to death. It is capable, regardless of size difference. Keep an eye for trouble, prepare for a stock reduction.Per your food question in the other thread. That food is high protein, high fat, and high moisture content. Not suitable for your fish as an everyday food. Can you access Hikari or Omega 1? Better quality for your fish.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: HELLO TO ALL

i agree with Suprd71 (Dave) but what is the use... i would rather keep one unit filter as back up and use it when needed...
that would be a better option to have a fallback ... just saying!

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: HELLO TO ALL

Hi there, welcome to our little community

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Žarić
  • Žarić's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

Žarić replied the topic: HELLO TO ALL

Thank you for your advice,

yesterday whan i was home i turn off and put awey one 901 canister and add some biom media from it to 1501... Also my 6 SD are in my friend aquarium. So in one day on this forum i changed a canister and some fishes....

Now i only red oscar

Oscar will bi alone in this tank for sure...

tank this morning... only oscar

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: HELLO TO ALL

Žarić wrote: Thank you for your advice,

yesterday whan i was home i turn off and put awey one 901 canister and add some biom media from it to 1501... Also my 6 SD are in my friend aquarium. So in one day on this forum i changed a canister and some fishes....

Now i only red oscar

Oscar will bi alone in this tank for sure...

tank this morning... only oscar

those are very great picture... thanks for sharing

• Thank you received: 0

Gray4276 replied the topic: HELLO TO ALL

Hi everyone, joined yesterday, so new to this forum, but not new to fish keeping, been doing it, on and off since I was about 13yrs old. I'm now 60.......omg
I currently have a marine tank which I love, had it running for 2 yrs now. My wife suggested that we setup our other tank as an oscar tank (90gal) I kept an oscar before about 12 yrs ago, but I have learnt a lot more about fish keeping in general since then and hope to apply my improved knowledge to the Oscar tank.
I will be looking for either a Tiger or a Red to raise from about 3 months old.
Tank is currently cycling at the moment, so I've got a few weeks to look for the right fish, I don't think I will be getting any "other fish" as tank mates, but I am open to comments about this. I am running a Fluval 405 cannister as the main filtration, but I have the option of adding my Eheim 213 cannister as an additional Nitrate removal system.
Please let me know your thoughts and any ideas would be gratefully received. Cheers

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: HELLO TO ALL

Hello Gray and welcome to OFL. Yes by all means get that 90 going and it will indeed make a pretty good home for an Oscar. Tankmates though, no. You will find that a big adult Oscar will make 90g look very small. Absolutely use as much filtration as you have, nothing but benefit. A small correction though... filters do not remove nitrate. With a mature bacteria colony living in your filters bio media. nitrate is the end product of ammonia processed to nitrite, then to nitrate. Nitrate is removed via water changes. That be your job! Water changes are CRITICAL to cichlid health, Oscars more so than most, being large, fast growing and just messy in general. 90g with a foot long Oscar will need a twice weekly change of more than half tank volume per change. All worth it in the long run, Oscar is among the best wet pets you can have. Anything at all we can do for ya, just ask. Enjoy your time here!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: HELLO TO ALL

hi, welcome to the gang

Haku, I knew your were good.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds