New Member Introduction

• OhioOscarGuy
  • OhioOscarGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

OhioOscarGuy created the topic: New Member Introduction

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the aquarium hobby but when I was young my dad had a salt water tank with a lion fish, several anemones, and other fish. So a grew up learning some of the basics.
I have owned my own tanks for only about 2 years. I have a 90 gal tank with 2 red Tiger oscars. The female is atleast 12 inches and the male is about 9 inches. There is also a 7 inch yo yo loach in the tank. Everyone says the O's will kill it, but they seem to like watching him forage for food.
I know that my tank is too small but the Oscars still seem happy and healthy. I have more than double the filtration required and do about a %60 water change every Saturday. I plan to buy a bigger tank for them soon.
I also have a 40 gal planted aquarium with guppies breeding. I feed the extra males and deformed babies to the O's as a snack once a week. But most of the time I feed them red worms from my worm farm, and they also like eating my plants and the sinking plecostmas wafers that I feed the yo yo loach. I suppose that is all I have to say right now. If anyone has any questions just ask.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: New Member Introduction

Welcome Ohio, enjoy your stay on the site. We like Oscar pics too, lets have a look-see at your fish!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds