tank size

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:tank size

Personally, I think canister filters are by far the best filtration system for an Oscar. I have to running on my tank and after one month, you wouldn't believe how much crap is in them

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Bella replied the topic: Re:tank size

i havent tried one off them yet, a friend uses one big one that cost her $240 AU and shes had troubles so i have never given them a go ,how often do you clean yours?

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: Re:tank size

Stay away from the wet dry canister filters, I had trouble with those. Actually, I neglected to clean mine for about three months and they were absolutely clogged up with crap, although they were working fine. I am going to clean them once a month from now on. The thing is, I changed from gravel to sand not too long ago and what happens is, all the crap stays on top of the sand, it doesn't go underneath the substrates like gravel. So when this happens, more crap get sucked into the filters than it would with gravel. So I should say, if you use gravel, your filters will probably stay clean for a little longer than they would do with sand. This is why I much prefer sand, arguably, it looks much nicer than gravel and you can keep the a lot cleaner, and the tank isn't full of crap. When I used to clean my gravel, I was forever finding old bits of food which just increases the nitrate levels the longer it is in there., that just doesn't happen with sand

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds