hole in the head.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:hole in the head.

Bella wrote:

convicts are tough little fish and ive never heard of one getting hole in the head not saying they cant but ive only ever heard of big fish getting it mainly oscars and uarus ,ive seen a tank that the owner had in the gararge and thought the convict was dead so he turned the heater and filter of ( it was winter) and just let the tank sit there for a few months, it wasnt till i went there and was looking in the tank and found he was still alive and alot bigger even though he hadnt been given any food ,the tank was all green ,it was lucky i stood there looking for a while or i might have missed him ,so i woulnt stress to much.

I must admit to having a chuckle when reading this thread. Not long ago a friend of mine asked me if I wanted her convict and I said okay. So she brought up in this bucket and the water had gone cold. The poor little thing was laying on it is side totally lifeless but it wasn't very long before it was bullying all the other fish in the tank. (Not the Oscars, not that stupid) I had to get rid of it in the end because it kept picking on my clown loaches but apparently it is still going strong . Convicts are certainly hardy little fish but they certainly can be bullies if you get the wrong one

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oscarkeepa
  • oscarkeepa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

oscarkeepa replied the topic: Re:hole in the head.

oh good to hear, my semi grown one is picking on my oscars but he gets put in his place, no contact, I bought a white one today but it looked ALOT bigger in their tank then it does mine, It even manages to hide in the castle of doom!, all my fish use to love the castle but they out grew it except for my 2 convicts my bigger one has claimed it and the little white one doesnt dare try and intrude, so his territory is currently behind my filter hopefully as he gets bigger he can fight back or my oscar will have a very nice little snack that cost me 6 bucks :( lol. I think cause he is a variant he isnt as tough and is more timid.

• Thank you received: 0

vesuvan replied the topic: Re:hole in the head.

is there any way to use some established media from you're bro's tank in you're filter? This would virtually give you the "instant" cycle you may need to pull them through.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds