Tiger Oscar Color Problem

• Rogue_Violetta
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 25

Rogue_Violetta replied the topic: Tiger Oscar Color Problem

If you're putting the correct amount of declorinator in with it (Seachem or the like) it's fine.

It's what I've been doing for my rescue O, and she's coming along great.

Keeper of the Food Pellets of Malekith the Never Accursed, Lover of Bubbles and Airstones, and Beloved of the Rogue Violetta.

Throw yourself in- use the wrong words, try different foods, kiss random fish. It's an adventure!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phillipw311
  • Phillipw311's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Phillipw311 replied the topic: Tiger Oscar Color Problem

Yeah I went and bought one two days ago and it's awesome! I just added water conditioner as I poured fresh tap water in and it was a success. I've been doing it all wrong. The Python water changer is the only way to do it. I did a 70% water change and he's happy as can Be! Although, he's still pretty pale unless fed. But he's doing well as far as I can tell!

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Tiger Oscar Color Problem

:) Glad to hear you got a water changer. Oscars need plenty of large water changes so I'm always showing that video to people. I've always figured people would perform more water changes if they didn't have to use buckets ... it's a lot of work.

One thing ... in the video, it shows the person adding cold water. I always match the temp within a degree with a digital thermometer.

• Phillipw311
  • Phillipw311's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Phillipw311 replied the topic: Tiger Oscar Color Problem

Yeah that's MUCH easier bud. Like I did 70% of the water change in half the time it took to change 20-30% of the water with buckets and a siphon. I've been doing it all wrong. Hahaha thank you so so much for that. HUGE time saver and it's not a pain at all with the water changer. Buckets SUCK compared to that. Haha you guys PLEASE read my other topic about feeding. I've gotten plenty of hits on this one which I'm thrilled over but I'm really more concerned about my other topic. Thanks guys stay safe thanks again for everybody's time!

• Thank you received: 0

Chilli replied the topic: Tiger Oscar Color Problem

Hi
Was just reading your post, and everyone has helped you out by the look of it I just wanted to recomend you some food that enhances my oscars colour, my LFS sells it and feed all there fish it. It's called Absolute Colour.
You will notice a massive difference
Try carbon in your filter to get rid of the drift wood weeping

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds