Wild Oscar??

• Stanley
  • Stanley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Stanley replied the topic: Re:Wild Oscar??

Community tank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: Wild Oscar??

Emerald catfish? If I am right, of all the fishes, the #1 fish prey item for oscars are catfishes. I have read oscars taking on banjo catfishes in the wild, so worried bout the catfish in your tank.

• Stanley
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Stanley replied the topic: Wild Oscar??

turtle lover wrote: Emerald catfish? If I am right, of all the fishes, the #1 fish prey item for oscars are catfishes. I have read oscars taking on banjo catfishes in the wild, so worried bout the catfish in your tank.

Obviously, there is a risk but that could be said for many fish with Oscars. My Oscars show no interest in them. They have been introduced at a young age & I will never feed them live fish. Hopefully, these measures will be enough. I will keep an eye on the situation as they all grow and take necessary action if there are any issues.

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: Wild Oscar??

Stanley wrote:

turtle lover wrote: Emerald catfish? If I am right, of all the fishes, the #1 fish prey item for oscars are catfishes. I have read oscars taking on banjo catfishes in the wild, so worried bout the catfish in your tank.

Obviously, there is a risk but that could be said for many fish with Oscars. My Oscars show no interest in them. They have been introduced at a young age & I will never feed them live fish. Hopefully, these measures will be enough. I will keep an eye on the situation as they all grow and take necessary action if there are any issues.

How big is your oscar?

• Stanley
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

Stanley replied the topic: Wild Oscar??

turtle lover wrote:

Stanley wrote:

How big is your oscar?

Biggest Oscar is approx 8 inches

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds