my oscar almost bought the farm

• preppergirl
  • preppergirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

preppergirl created the topic: my oscar almost bought the farm

I have had my Oscar for 6 years . Archie lives alone in a 75 gallon tank. I had put some fake plants in her tank a couple years ago and every now and then she would pull them out and I would find them floating . well the other day I went to feed her and she had half of a plastic plant hanging out of her mouth. Of course I panicked and didnt know what I should do. I attempted to catch her ( she is a little over a foot long ) as I was gonna try to pull it out but she got so pissed that I tryed to catch her she spit it out on her own. I then removed all plastic plants from her tank. I will never use them again. :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: my oscar almost bought the farm

Yeah, this is why I never recommend plants with Oscars, have tried over the years and it's never worked out for me. Some people do use artificial plants because obviously they're not easy to damage and they can be replanted again, but at the end of the day it gets a bit tiresome if every time you come in the room you see the plants ripped out of the substrate, might as well not have any. Also, I think that you've got to have a good eye for plants and where to put them in order to make a tank look really good if it has got lots of plants. A little bit like a garden I suppose, if you just stick flowers here there and everywhere then they are probably going to look out of place.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds