Like a bull in a china shop

• Phantom
  • Phantom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24

Phantom created the topic: Like a bull in a china shop

So, I have been breeding cherry shrimp in a 20g tank as an occasional treat for my Oscar and now that I have a stable population of a couple hundred I snuck in a dozen into my oscar tank last night without really thinking it through lol. Once he realized what was in his tank he went nuts. Actually managed to hunt them all down within 15 minutes but wow, not a graceful hunter. Instead of using stealth to hunt them down he used brute force; too large to fit inside apiece of decor to get at a shrimp? He just smashes it and flips it over instead lol. Rooted up the fake plants and broke one of my filter intakes too. Lost a few scales in the process but not too major considering the chaos he caused. Next time i do this I'll need to kill the shrimp first or remove all my decor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Like a bull in a china shop

nah... do not kill the shrimps, just set up the camcorder and record the footage of the rampaging bull...
it would be great to watch... and yes, removing some decor is a bright idea to lessen the risk of injury.

• Thank you received: 8

Vinny replied the topic: Re:Like a bull in a china shop

OK so I can breed cherry shrimp as a healthy treat!!!???

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Phantom
  • Phantom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24

Phantom replied the topic: Like a bull in a china shop

Yeah they are really easy to breed. Very occasional treat though, they do contain a low amount of thiaminase(not sure if I spelled that correctly). They breed like aquatic rabbits. Started with 10 around 4 months ago, got a couple hundred now. Not sure if I'll stick with it though, they're not too exciting lol.

• Thank you received: 8

Vinny replied the topic: Re:Like a bull in a china shop

Yeah I did that with guppies a while back. Not for food but for my kids. Started with 10 and had hundreds quickly. But with constant inbreeding they started having more and more deformities. Fed a few to my Africans and got rid of the rest.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Like a bull in a china shop

DRACO wrote: nah... do not kill the shrimps, just set up the camcorder and record the footage of the rampaging bull...
it would be great to watch... and yes, removing some decor is a bright idea to lessen the risk of injury.

haha... yes! lets see the bull

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds