Waited too long, but need advice on my Oscar

• acdcking12
  • acdcking12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10

acdcking12 created the topic: Waited too long, but need advice on my Oscar

So I have a full size Oscar in a 75 gallon by himself. Some of you might remember that he is a bastard fish and attacks anything that goes into his tank. Laugh

Well, he hasn't changed. Actually might have gotten worse. But anyway, I do a water change of 80% every other day. Well, I am going to Mexico from this coming up Sunday through Saturday. I have been doing daily 80% water changes for 2 weeks, and he absolutely has flourished. His color is even more bold, and he is the fish of my dreams. I love him like no other fish I have had before.

Well, on with the advice part. Since I will be gone for 6 days roughly..What that means is from Sunday until Saturday evening when I get home, he will not get a water change. My In Law said he would feed him while we are gone. I am thinking every other day?? That is where the advice part hits. How do I handle it? Will he be ok for those 6 days?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Waited too long, but need advice on my Oscar

Your fish will survive the 6 days as if nothing happened at all. He would be fine not eating for 6 days as well. For your own peace of mind have the in-law feed twice while you are away. Small feedings, maybe 6-10 pellets of his normal feed.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• S.S.
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • "Failure is giving anything less than your best"
  • Thank you received: 15

S.S. replied the topic: Re:Waited too long, but need advice on my Oscar

Its best no food for 6 days that an overdose from someone not used do feeding and having a peek on amónia or No2 or No3.

If you are sure the dosage you tell is the dosage served let your in law feed every other day or only twice as said before during those six days.

"TapatalKing"

• acdcking12
  • acdcking12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10

acdcking12 replied the topic: Re:Waited too long, but need advice on my Oscar

Well, I got home to a more than usual pissed off fish, but he did well. I guess I had nothing to worry over.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds