White spots?

• AaronT8156
  • AaronT8156's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

AaronT8156 created the topic: White spots?

So i went and Got a pair of oscars again i found one i really liked at Wal-mart and one i Really liked From Petco. In both cases i was not very impressed with these stores and the way they care for their fish. Both fish came from tanks that had dead fish in them and both were starving when i brought them Home. After a week in a clean tank and treating the water these spots disappeared. However in the last 2 days the one fish has gotten these white spots again and really bad and has lost its Appetite altogether. I did some reading and they said to raise the Tank Temp to 82 degrees F which i did and i added some salt. The one fish is Healthy as a horse and has no symptoms or spots at all and eats great the other however has tons of spots all over its body and fins and hasnt eaten in the past 30 hours. Is there anything else i can do to save this fish or is it just doomed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: White spots?

Temperature needs to be at ~ 87F to stop the ich from reproducing, and salinity has to be 3ppt, which is 1 tablespoon per gallon added over a 2 day period. Temperature and salinity has to be maintained for ~ 10 days after the last visible ich disappears. You can get cheap pickling salt. The ich will look worse before it gets better.

If you want to kill the ich with heat, the temperature needs to be 90F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronT8156

• AaronT8156
  • AaronT8156's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

AaronT8156 replied the topic: White spots?

Thank you for the Helpful info so i know in case this Happens Again. Unfortunately for us the fish i spoke of is now Deceased! =*(

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds