Is my Oscar Playing Dead?

• Bzerkaz
  • Bzerkaz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Bzerkaz created the topic: Is my Oscar Playing Dead?

Hi,
I live in Australia and i Ordered an Albino Tiger Oscar from my LFS. I didnt know or was told it was coming from over seas and when I went to pick my oscar up he was still in a box in a bag amongst another 20+ baged fish. It didn't look good and I felt terrible he had to be packed like that so I took him home and let the bag sit in the tank for 15-25 minutes. I released him but remained on its side. After about an hour or two a gourami touched him and he freaked out and has been fine ever since in fact perfect with a great diet for almost anything.

One problem.

I'm not sure if it's playing games or doing it to look around the tank more but every now and then it will go on its side only for about 5 - 15 seconds then straighten up at the bottom - top - middle of the tank. All my levels are fine and he is eating twice a day (crickets, pellets, Bloodworms, frozen peas). So is it playing dead, playing games, looking around or is it normal? He's about 8cm at the moment. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Mrconcarnage replied the topic: Is my Oscar Playing Dead?

Oscars will lay on their side "play dead" when they are stressed out. Quite a lot of this do this. They will usually lay there and sulk for a while until they realize everything is ok. I look at it like a toddler not getting its own way lol. Also im not sure pairing it in a tank with a gourami is a great idea. The gourami will come out looking like its done ten rounds with Mike Tyson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds