Can't tell if my Oscar did this to himself or it's a fungal issue

• pupfishes
  • pupfishes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

pupfishes created the topic: Can't tell if my Oscar did this to himself or it's a fungal issue

Hi All,
I noticed my buddy had this on her head yesterday and knowing her, I cannot really tell if she did this to herself trying to jar something lose in the tank, whether ram into the heater to knock it lose for self amusement of course, or maybe trying to move the entire tank herself by ramming into the wall (she's into Feng Shui, just joking) or maybe she has something fungal? She has this white spot that looks like a water spot on a window (right on the top of his head). Could be nothing and just her usual horsing about rough play?

I'm going to be vigilant (I have some PIMAFIX anyhow) and just go with a treatment for the week to see if it helps or if she has something, prevents it from getting any worse. I don't want to say that she seems fine otherwise and jinx the poor fishy but she does seem to be her normal self always looking for trouble and affection. she's 2½ years old (actually I think it's a she, due to the size) since she stopped growing at the 10" mark about a year ago. I know they still grow but I don't think she's going to get much bigger. She's in a tank by herself 55gal and just cruises around and looks at all the other fish in my little fish sanctuary.

Link to a pic. goo.gl/photos/NkLPWVqPdes9GoJN9

Thanks for any feedback,
V

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 581

Suprd71 replied the topic: Can't tell if my Oscar did this to himself or it's a fungal issue

Fish looks ok other than that mark. If it suddenly appeared, its most likely a scrape or bruise of sorts. Clean water is the key to a full recovery. On that subject.. an adult Oscar in 55g is a huge bioload. Do you know your water parameters, in particular ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? How often and how much water do you change? I honestly wouldn't bother with Pimafix. Its a very mild med, borderline useless imo.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds