Changing Oscar Color

• SuperChick
  • SuperChick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

SuperChick created the topic: Changing Oscar Color

Hey there peeps!! Okay...I officially have a girl tiger and a male albino oscar!!!
( YAY for me...well...and them too..lol) Anyways, I have heard some chitter chatter that diet can affect your oscars coloring ...especially in the red tones. Is this true...and if so...what sort of diet are we talkin' ??? Don't want anything unhealthy for my boogers!!

MUCH LOVIES!!

Jen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Changing Oscar Color

Nice to have someone so jolly on here :laugh:

There are various pellets on the market that have a colour enhancing chemical added. One such product is Hikari Cichlid Gold. I have fed this to my Oscars on and off for quite a few years now and to be perfectly honest with you, I couldn't honestly say I noticed any difference in their colour. But then again, I do very good they are and don't feed them on this pellet all the time. However, I know people have said it enhanced the colours on their Oscars so I imagine it works in some cases. Just get some and try it and see what happens. I have never actually been that keen on trying to artificially change the colour of my fish. I am quite happy with the colour they are without having to feed them chemicals to change their colour. Don't let this put you off though, Hikari cichlids gold in a very good quality food and Oscars really do like it.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds