NEW Canister Filter on the Market

• Joliet Jake
  • Joliet Jake's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Joliet Jake created the topic: NEW Canister Filter on the Market

Marineland has introduced a brand new series of Canister Filters which is a "no bypass" design so it forces all the water through the filter unlike some others on the market that bypass rather easily, (which is not a good thing).

"High-performance, no bypass design means superior aquarium canister filtration. Efficient, multistage filters force water through the Stack n' Flo filter media trays to provide exceptional mechanical, chemical, and biological filtration. The result is crystal clear aquarium water and a healthy aquatic environment. Sleek, contemporary filter boasts convenient maintenance features including valve block for quick release, quick prime button, and tote handle. Media included for immediate startup. For fresh or saltwater aquariums.

Includes: Polishing filter-floss pad, filter foam, carbon filter bag, bio-filter balls, and ceramic bio-filter rings (except Model C-160)".

Available in 3 different sizes with a maximum flow of 360 GPH, these are best suited for 55 and 75 gallon (US) tanks.

www.drsfostersmith.com/product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=16744&inm=1&N=2004+22768+2035

Ken, 51, NJ-USA (2 Tiger Oscars)
Need to give away one healthy 1 year old Oscar if you know of anyone interested. See the adoption thread for photos. Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Joliet Jake
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Joliet Jake replied the topic: Re:NEW Canister Filter on the Market

These are currently ON SALE and attractively priced and also include all the media for the price.

Need to give away one healthy 1 year old Oscar if you know of anyone interested. See the adoption thread for photos. Thanks!
Attachments:

• Joliet Jake
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Model
Aquarium Size
Dimensions Media
Baskets---Max Gph
C-160---up to 30 gallons----7-1/4" x 7-1/4" x 12-1/4" h----3
C-220---up to 55 gallons----7-1/4" x 7-1/4" x 14-1/4" h----4
C-360---up to 100 gallons---9-1/4" x 9-1/4" x 16-3/4" h----4

Attachments:

• Joliet Jake
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

I just found a SUPER DEAL on these filters that is priced well below most other retailers. I got one just now for myself. Trust me, I am a shopper and this is an EXCELLENT Price, plus you can geT free shipping if you spend $150 or more:

DETAILS HERE:
www.oscarfishlover.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,90/func,view/catid,27/id,1735/#1735

• Joliet Jake
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Mfgr: Marineland
Model: C-220 (220 GPH)
Tank size: 75 - Canister is the supplemental filtration
(Primary - Marineland 600W hood with 4 large Bio Wheels - 600GPH total)

PROS: New No-Bypass design, very similar construction to Eheim I.M.O.
Excellent price, $98 including all media at www.petmountain.com
Totally silent operation

Cons: Minor, output cone has two adjustable wings that have pointed sharp handles that stick out. I clipped them totally off with a nail trimmer so fish will not injure themselves.

Would I buy it again? Youuuu betcha', especially for this super price!
Threw away the two bags of carbon they gave me and added another basket of course filter media (because I had 2 pads extra.) Filter comes with Bio Balls, ceramic noodles, course media, carbon, and a final water polishing pad. Quick touch priming, easy set up. Nice!! I'm as happy with this as I was with any Eheims I owned (2026,2028)

Hint: Most all canisters come with stiff coiled up tubing. To make life easier for yourself, leave the hose coiled and place it into a sink of very hot water (just hot) and let it soak for 5-8 minutes. Then remove, drain, dry and its managable tubing now. You can re-soak the ends in a glass of hot water to make it easier to attach to barbs etc, then when it cools down, it grabs tightly.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds