switch-a-roo?

• misplacedsooner
  • misplacedsooner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

misplacedsooner created the topic: switch-a-roo?

Im considering moving the oscar I recued sunday to my 125 gal. and out of the 55 he came in.the question is what to remove from the 125 and what to leave in.the 125 is well stocked with 2 vieja synspilus 9 in. and 6 in.,3 severums 8 in. and 2 at 5-6 in.,1 clown synodonis 10 in.,1 synodonis epterus 5-6 in.,2 bristlenose plecs 4 in.,1 jd 7 in.(came with the oscar),1 firemouth 4 in., 1 rainbow cichlid 3 in.,1 combtail 3 in.
the synspilus will not go togather in the 55 for sure,they arent the best of friends.
idea.. what if I moved my 2 smaller severums, the smaller synspilus the firemouth and the syno. epterus to the 55, would that work?
will the oscar get along with the other fish? lots of thinking to do. ideas??
mike c.

michael, 45, stillwater,oklahoma 1 oscar tank,4 ca & sa tanks,2 multi tanks, 4 various tropical tanks, 5 betta tanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 37

delboybully replied the topic: Re:switch-a-roo?

Oscars generally get on with most fish. Even if they have grief with another fish they dont hold a grudge. As long as the oscar is not getting battered he will be fine.

As for your choice of fish as long as they get on i wouldnt worry. If you are worried about overstocking then test the water once a week. If your nitrates go over 40 then you need to either get rid of some fish or increase your water changes. Other than that try things and see what happens

I can't get no sleep

• misplacedsooner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

misplacedsooner replied the topic: Re:switch-a-roo?

I use an ap master test kit and do water changes weekly.
I try to keep a pretty good eye on this.
mike c.

michael, 45, stillwater,oklahoma 1 oscar tank,4 ca & sa tanks,2 multi tanks, 4 various tropical tanks, 5 betta tanks

Joliet Jake replied the topic: Re:switch-a-roo?

One "thumbs up" for you, for doing the rescue!

Ken, 51, NJ-USA (2 Tiger Oscars)
Need to give away one healthy 1 year old Oscar if you know of anyone interested. See the adoption thread for photos. Thanks!

• misplacedsooner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

misplacedsooner replied the topic: Re:switch-a-roo?

the rescue has been a rough one but well worth it, I get a new friend here and found this site and get to make new friends here,share the knowledge I have and soak up what I dont. just glad Im on vacation this week :cheer:
mike c.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds