Tank (55gal)almost ready for my 2.5 inch oscar :D hes maybe 3 idk

• Gaarakilla19
  • Gaarakilla19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 created the topic: Tank (55gal)almost ready for my 2.5 inch oscar :D hes maybe 3 idk

Tanks almost ready :o , i just need to rinse it out another time n i also need some nylon scrubbies or something i can use as a filter cause mine dont have anything in them , got this used from craigslists , also need gravel i would say :o or something for the bottom to look nice n not boring or ghetto for my fish :C

Had this little guy almost a full month now or a month now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Tank (55gal)almost ready for my 2.5 inch oscar :D hes maybe 3 idk

Looks good, and fish looks good too. I would seriously hold off on gravel until you get established filtration and a full cycle complete. You dont need it and will only trap waste and further contribute to declining water quality. This fish in cycle will be difficult enough as is. no need to make it more trouble.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Tank (55gal)almost ready for my 2.5 inch oscar :D hes maybe 3 idk

what do u suggest i do? just put him in there with no gravel? n cycle like that or fishless? also my fish has some spots on his nose or so but my friend does too, he had his for as long as mine but mine has darker nose lookin things on his face i think its his nose but not too sure ;\ it was light but got a little darker i m thinking its stress cause he is in a 20g with 2 pictus catfish :\ thats why im not sure what to do

• Thank you received: 578

Suprd71 replied the topic: Tank (55gal)almost ready for my 2.5 inch oscar :D hes maybe 3 idk

You do understand that you need significantly more filtration? Definate no gravel. Nose spots could be sensory pits, but usually not visible in such a small fish, and Lutino to boot. Get him in the 55 asap, the 20 is doing him no good. Your next purchase should be a quality canister filter, or at very least an Aquaclear 110 power filter. Your fish doesnt have time to wait on a fishless cycle. With 75% every 2nd day water changes, he will be ok

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Tank (55gal)almost ready for my 2.5 inch oscar :D hes maybe 3 idk

I moved this into the appropriate thread. In the future, please put your posts in the thread that most closely fits what you are writing about.

I hope you're not planning on using that shelving pictured as the stand. Water weighs 8.34 lbs per gallon, so w/ a 55Gl tank, you're talking 463.65 lbs, & that's just water weight....shelving is not intended to be used as an aquarium stand. Buy one intended to hold the weight or build one. If you are intending to use that shelving as a stand, you are asking for disaster of the 1st magnitude.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Tank (55gal)almost ready for my 2.5 inch oscar :D hes maybe 3 idk

it says 1000lbs a shelf capacity

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

so i can put him in the 55 gal now if the temp is right n i do 75% water changes every 2nd day? n that with filter runnin but no cartidges?

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Tank (55gal)almost ready for my 2.5 inch oscar :D hes maybe 3 idk

Gaarakilla19 wrote: it says 1000lbs a shelf capacity

I wish you well in your future endeavors.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

whats that suppose to mean? thats what the box said, u tell me i bought something i cant take back?

• Gaarakilla19
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

what i do far as filtration for the tank?

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds