Algae question bout my sponge

• Thank you received: 599

Suprd71 replied the topic: Algae question bout my sponge

I think you have calcium from hard water, and was likely already there to a degree. It doesn't scrape off. Over VERY long time it actually embeds right into the glass.. but dont panic, it wont eat right thru! If your tank is ever empty for a time you could try products used for cleaning tubs and shower stalls.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gaarakilla19
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Algae question bout my sponge

okay ;c n the tanks not gonna be empty until it leaks or something ;c so idk what to do about it ;\ but fish are all fine n looks happyish, i dont have much decor or rocks for their nice enviorement they like but they are very healthty n tank water i think is good but idk yet, will test asap when i get my kit , also i did a 75% w/c today and on friday 50% , etc also how long after a w/c should i wait befor testing the waters quality? and when i get kit what should i first do?

• Thank you received: 203

Big-Ken replied the topic: Algae question bout my sponge

You should always test right before the water change to get an accurate idea of what the water quality is, once your tank is cycled you should also test a few hours after a few times so you have an idea of how your water changes effect your nitrate levels that way you have a good idea of how large of water changes to do. Im a fan of doing the biggest water change possible i never do less than 75%, if im going to get out all the wc crap why not spend a few more minutes to go the extra mile

• Gaarakilla19
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29

Gaarakilla19 replied the topic: Algae question bout my sponge

okay thanks i did a 75% last night so should i still do w/c every 2 days ?, they been in this tank about a month or so and ive had my 20gal filter runnin 2 months so its cycled im pretty sure so idk if my other 30-60i whisper is yet from runnin in the same tank for 4 weeks, anyway should i do w/c 75% every 2 days until i get my test kit? or do it until i get bigger filtration? then do 3-4 days if tap water is fine, also if my tap water has problems is their ways i can fix it to have an tank still o:?

• Thank you received: 0

Alisa replied the topic: Algae question bout my sponge

I use a silicone scrubber for cleaning. It's soft enough and won't leave scratches during scrubbing.

• Thank you received: 257

DRACO replied the topic: Algae question bout my sponge

that is true... but why post in an old topic where only few would dare interact with you.
nonetheless... welcome to the community

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 2.260 seconds