Pothos filters

• Poseidon2.0
  • Poseidon2.0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Pothos filters

UNC-CH wrote: I also got a peace lilly and they gave me some clippings from the plant below to try but I can't remember what it's called. Anyone know?

Looks possibly some kind of Sansevieria plant, possibly some variant of "Mother in Law's Tongue" or "Moonshine Snake Tongue". (who comes up with these names?!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNC-CH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Pothos filters

Moonshine Snake Tongue or Mother in Law Tongue ... :laugh: ... sounds like they were named by a voodoo practitioner from some swampland. The guy gave them to me because he thought they'd grow well in water. Guess we'll find out.

• Poseidon2.0
  • Poseidon2.0's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Pothos filters

UNC-CH wrote: Moonshine Snake Tongue or Mother in Law Tongue ... :laugh: ... sounds like they were named by a voodoo practitioner from some swampland. The guy gave them to me because he thought they'd grow well in water. Guess we'll find out.

I have wondered about these. The ones I have of this type have very short roots so wasn't sure if they would take in the filters. Would be happy to hear how they work, so be sure to report back if you do end up using them!

• Thank you received: 11

Jauch21 replied the topic: Pothos filters

Been wanting to do this for awhile and finally took the plunge. Instead of a hob, i used egg crate behind my glass top and have the roots in the water next to the Fx6 outlet. Anyone have experience planting this way?

• gorgoroth
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Evil IT Administrator
  • Thank you received: 80

gorgoroth replied the topic: Pothos filters

i don't even have the egg crate, i just keep the plants in place by jamming them in between the tubes of my filter inlet/outlet with their roots underwater.

160 gallon south american
190 gallon malawi

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds