Watch "Ron & Vicky newest setup" on YouTube

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Watch "Ron & Vicky newest setup" on YouTube

Worst case you may need to look to getting a second 55 gal and putting them in individual tanks. The 55 gal isn't going to work for them long, sadly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bri B
  • Bri B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Watch "Ron & Vicky newest setup" on YouTube

Yeah I know it isn't. They are so compatible tho its crazy. They just swim together 24 7 I am doing constant wcs and feeding them nothing but the best stuff in hopes that this tank works until I get a jumbo. But I will never put them in harms way so if my tank and filtration can't keep up with them I will get them in individual tanks before either are subjected to sub par living conditions.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Watch "Ron & Vicky newest setup" on YouTube

If you only have room for a four foot tank and are stuck with that space for a while, get a 48x24 footprint that holds 120g or they make a show tank that holds 150
www.petsmart.com/fish/aquariums-stands/top-fin-150-gallon-aq...ensemble-zid36-5174966/cat-36-catid-300013?_t=pfm%3Dcategory
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lammergeier

Lammergeier replied the topic: Watch "Ron & Vicky newest setup" on YouTube

Actually yeah, DMD has a great idea there. Usually 48" footprint tanks don't work for 2 oscars due to territorial issues, but provided yours continue to get along as well as they do that'd be a great alternative for them. The water volume of a 6ft 125 gal (well, minus 5 gals) and not much more space than a standard 4ft.

The 4ft footprint would eventually still become an issue as they approached adult size, but you'd give yourself quite a bit more time to get them sorted into a 6ft.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Thanks Dmd that will be what I end up doing if I can't make space but for 600 bucks I can get a 200 with filtration stand etc and still have 200 or more to spend on better lighting extra filters but great to know I have a 4 foot option just in case. You guys are the best. More useful information in this forum than I can list. Just fantastic.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

I will be getting this piano out of here asap so hopefully they go right to a 6 footer but if it comes to it I will get the a giant 4 footer. I thought my human daughter was expensive with her ugg boots lol. My cannister made her uggs look reasonably priced haha

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Watch "Ron & Vicky newest setup" on YouTube

A 6ft tank would be the better choice but that much water volume is still a good thing especially if your stuck to 4 feet. Could always buy a hard core filter like an FX6 first and get it going and ready for a bigger tank.

Lammergeier replied the topic: Watch "Ron & Vicky newest setup" on YouTube

That's a good idea too. If it helps any - in my experienceFX5s/FX6s seem to be really reliable and just last forever. Both of my FX5s I got second-hand for $200 a piece and they've been working flawlessly for a long time now.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Absolutely Dmd. I'm lucky to live in a big city so Craigslist gives me tons of cheaper options. I will do everything I can to get them staight into a 6 ft but if I have to do the big 4 ft they will have the best filtration money can buy and I obviously have tons of cycled media on hand

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds