Best lighting

• JimmyNeutron570
  • JimmyNeutron570's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

JimmyNeutron570 created the topic: Best lighting

Hey guys! Recently I've found myself looking for a light that is best for my Oscar tank, I'm in the process of doing my sliding glass lid, but lowes cut the glass wrong and it's just enough for the glass not to fit. After the lid is complete I'm going to need a light. I've been looking at the Marineland lights and absolutely love the double bright light bar with the Lunar mode, but the price I certainly don't like. I want something that isn't super bright, but bright enough to make the tank, and Oscar look amazing. I would like to find something that won't break the bank. If anybody could give me pointers, that would be awesome! Thanks guys! ( sorry this is in the introduction section, I didn't see how to change it until I hit Submit )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Best lighting

I would look into satellite usa current + or the pro series. I have the + and like it i heard the pro series is great

• Thank you received: 11

toom replied the topic: Best lighting

I only use simple wall mounted LED beamers, here 10 - 20 -10 Watt on 6.5 feet. There is only 20 Watts in the middle because i am experimenting right know with bigger swimming plants so 30 Watt total would also be more than enough.

This natural white high power LED in 10 Watt Version had cost me 10 bugs new out of the box and should be able to get in any Tool store.

• Thank you received: 218

DBLN8 replied the topic: Best lighting

Search Beamwork LED lights on Ebay (topdogsellers) I've bought 3 different lights from him a 5' and 2 48" models, great price point and product.

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Best lighting

While the Satellite + fixtures are my favorite and I have them on my 210g I have also had the Beamsworks and will agree they are pretty hard to beat for the money. They are basically on the same level of quality as the Marineland.

I recently switched over to a fixture by Finnex called the stingray. It is a very small, modern fixture with a nice light output and reasonable in price.
www.amazon.com/Finnex-Stingray-Aquarium-Light-20-Inch/dp/B00...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424185964&sr=8-1&keywords=finnex+stingray

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Best lighting

I read about the finnex and beamwork.... not heard a bad thing all great reviews

The 48 inches Version my be work for tanks max in the 100 to 150 G region at 5 feet but its getting complicated by going bigger. But i like more the open Design with the Wall mounted Version, just take off the lids and you can do maintain like you want with lights on.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Best lighting

i have the beamwork LED on my 125 - can't complain with the price - color from the LED's not as yellow as some LED i've seen...but dont bet on growing plants with them....

What also should be said, you have an far different shadowing with LED as with regular T5 lights. I like the effect of the shadows of the water surface get visible at the ground but some may not.

• JimmyNeutron570
  • JimmyNeutron570's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

JimmyNeutron570 replied the topic: Best lighting

Thank you so much everybody! I'll lt everyone know how it makes out. I also don't plan having live plants mainly because I red Oscars are diggers and are sorta destructive fish. Thanks again everyone!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds