Best lighting

• Thank you received: 11

toom replied the topic: Best lighting

JimmyNeutron570 wrote: Thank you so much everybody! I'll lt everyone know how it makes out. I also don't plan having live plants mainly because I red Oscars are diggers and are sorta destructive fish. Thanks again everyone!

It all depends on footprint

Planted 1350 Gallon Oscar tank by Olaf Machnow of cichlidenwelt.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JimmyNeutron570
  • JimmyNeutron570's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

JimmyNeutron570 replied the topic: Best lighting

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

I found these, but the 48" one is out of stock unfortunately.. For some reason the link isn't showing up.

• JimmyNeutron570
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

That's a huge tank! Very beautiful Oscars! Around how much does something that scale cost? That's absolutely massive.

• Thank you received: 11

toom replied the topic: Best lighting

It depends of buying new or used. New with back to nature Wall , stand, glass maybe about 5000 to 7000 Dollars. Used mostly 30 to 50%.

Here in Germany we have some serious Big tank people. They often have severals of this Displays. Olaf as example also have an central american Setup that is twice the size as the tank with his oscars and of corse several 55 up to 180G tanks for breeding. He sold last year an 500 G tank in exelent condition for around 300 Dollar.
My 220G was also one of his older tanks, i get it for a Box of his favorit beer.

• JimmyNeutron570
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Dang dude. That's awesome, I know for sure I'd never be able to afford something that scale anytime soon.

Stanley replied the topic: Best lighting

What lights did you go for?

Im in process of picking up a 5x2x2 open top tank. I will need to add glass sliders.

If i get the lights that attach to the tank, i thought that would be 60 inch but ive read people saying 48 inch will fit?!

Also, the tank will set me back enough and im really not bothered about top of the range lighting.
I just want enough light so i can see my fish when im in the same room.

What is the cheapest way to light a 5ft tank?

I cant hang anything from the ceiling or from the wall.

(Sorry for asking on your thread but no point starting a new one and it may help other members)

• Thank you received: 15

LeafsFan replied the topic: Best lighting

I have the fluval led light strip the light its self is actually 48" but it has plastic things that slide out 6" on each end so it fits my 5' tank. Works really good and has the blue light in it too. Nice in the night time

fullinger replied the topic: Best lighting

hi there, if is just fish you want to keep and the sole porpoise is looking at it, just buy 3 lamp shade like the one used for reptiles, tree cfl daylight or 6500k and hang it from the ceiling... cheep & cheerful
they will work also if one day you change your mind 'bout the plants and will be good enough for anubias and low light plants including floating that are pollutant suckers.
...just my 5 cents...
big difference on the budget.
if you want a moonlight fleebay offers an array of led strips for peanuts.

Stanley replied the topic: Best lighting

fullinger wrote: hi there, if is just fish you want to keep and the sole porpoise is looking at it, just buy 3 lamp shade like the one used for reptiles, tree cfl daylight or 6500k and hang it from the ceiling... cheep & cheerful
they will work also if one day you change your mind 'bout the plants and will be good enough for anubias and low light plants including floating that are pollutant suckers.
...just my 5 cents...
big difference on the budget.
if you want a moonlight fleebay offers an array of led strips for peanuts.

Any links to the suitable lamp shade type and decent led strips? Thanks for the reply

fullinger replied the topic: Best lighting

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationsomething like this not necessarily this as it is not that cheap (uk):
www.exo-terra.com/en/products/light_dome.php

usa:

the moon light does not serve any porpoise for the aquarium a part from your viewing pleasure and fish don't see the blue spectrum so it is like the light do not exist

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds