It's time for a new tank isnt it?

• Nyx
  • Nyx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

Nyx created the topic: It's time for a new tank isnt it?

Ok I've noticed something about Thor's tank (my oscar) there is a LOT of bubbling in the seams. It wasn't always there and it seems to be slowing getting worse. I'll have to try and take a picture soon. It's just kind of small little pockets of air all up and down the seams. I know the tank is pretty old, I got it used and the people had had it for quite a long time. So it's time to get a new one before I have 75gallons of water on my basement floor isn't it.
If so that's ok, a Lfs is having a sale for a 75 tank and good for $99, im tempted to pick up a couple lol. But am I correct? This bubbling is bad?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: It's time for a new tank isnt it?

A new 75 gallon for $99? Grab it. If the bubbling is getting worse then that's not a good sign. Are you sure it's getting worse? A lot of times, there are bubbles in the silicon when it seals. But if they're forming now, I'd say that's a bad sign.

• Nyx
  • Nyx's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16

Nyx replied the topic: It's time for a new tank isnt it?

Lol I'm trying not to grab several! But yeah it's slowly getting worse, there was no,bubbles when I got it, it'll be two years July or so that I got it and now the seams are full of bubbles. I'm thinking about hanging on to it and either a) upgrading my mouse or b) resealing it and upgrading my goldfish. Resealing a tank isn't too hard is it?

Or I could just sell it and recommend it for reptiles only. How much do you,guys think I shou charge for a 75 tank only that probably shouldn't be used for water?

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: It's time for a new tank isnt it?

You wont get much as a sale. You should try your hand at a reseal. Scrape all the old sil off. For the price of a tube of new sil, it may be worth a try. If you fail, so what, then try to get a few bucks from a reptile keeper.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Thank you received: 3

Debow replied the topic: Re:It's time for a new tank isnt it?

I would resell it. In my mind I picture to be like caulking it. Should it should be easy to do and cheep.

Kytha Debow: jamberry and fish lover

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds