New Tank!

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Re:New Tank!

Shrimp pimp rofl. That's so awesome. I have 100s of GBs of guppies mating on my hard drive from honours :whistle:

I'm looking forward to your updates for this tank! Saltwater setups intimidate me to say the least. It'll be awesome to see a step-by-step of what goes into setting one up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Re:New Tank!

Lammergeier wrote: Shrimp pimp rofl. That's so awesome. I have 100s of GBs of guppies mating on my hard drive from honours :whistle:

I'm looking forward to your updates for this tank! Saltwater setups intimidate me to say the least. It'll be awesome to see a step-by-step of what goes into setting one up.

Hand lines for catching pinfish(predator), and castnets for shrimp(prey). I find the process very intimidating, and will join a sw forum to get the best advice I can. I had a cool set up in the 80's so I think if I stick with hardy stock, I should be able to manage something now.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:New Tank!

Damn you did that at 14 ! Im sure what ever u choose it will look great

• robham7770
  • robham7770's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:New Tank!

daddadoo7 wrote: Damn you did that at 14 ! Im sure what ever u choose it will look great

Lol, my brother and I had mts back then. We had a 110,29,30 tall, and 20l in a 12x12 bedroom we shared. The 30 was my saltwater, and I thought it was a big tank. I cut a lot of grass, and raked a lot of leaves to get that set up. You have to understand that even though the fish had the potential to get large, I had to get the smallest cheapest version of whatever I liked. It actually worked pretty well until the tank started leaking. I had a neighbor that had a 55, and he was willing to house my fish until I got the tank set back up. On the initial set up everything was added very slowly, the second go round I rushed it and put everything back in at one time. The tank crashed and I lost everything.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds