Solid sale on 75 gallon tanks.

• Bri B
  • Bri B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32

Bri B created the topic: Solid sale on 75 gallon tanks.

Petsmart has a 75 gal setup on sale right now just under 300 bucks for a 75 with hood lighting and a nice wood cabinet stand. I'm in the process of trying to purchase the house I'm currently living in so I don't want to make any big tank manuvers until I know if I'm staying or going. If I get the house I'll be getting rid of this massive piano and setting up a 150 gal or larger for my O's but if it comes down to it I will prob grab this tank setup and split them up. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up who is looking for a good tank for a single O. I always have my eye on Craigslist but it's nice getting a brand new pristine tank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNC-CH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Solid sale on 75 gallon tanks.

Not bad in my opinion. I paid $140 for tank only and thought that was decent. I did get a 75 off cl with iron stand, light and lids for $100. The cl stuff is hit or miss, so sometimes you just have to go with the best deal you can find. Good luck with the house purchase.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Solid sale on 75 gallon tanks.

Thanks Rob. All things considered it's a good deal. As u know the stand hood and lighting ends up being crazy expensive plus you have the benefit of knowing you r getting a brand new issue free tank. And thanks. I'm in negotiations with my bank currently. Should know within a few weeks if I can pull off the mortgage. As for now I am on a strict 60-70 percent wc regiment on my 55 gal and the water conditions remain fantastic. Ron and Vicky get along extremely well so I'd hate to split them up but if my wcs and filtration ever start to come up short they will get their own tanks.

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Every other day on the big wcs^ left that out.

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Solid sale on 75 gallon tanks.

Petsmart has a 125 on its web site for $560 with stand tops and lights. It is a topfin, and I am not a fan of some or their products, but it might be worth checking out. It would be a good long term home for Ron and Vicky. The guy I got my used 65 from is a petsmart manager and he did not know they had these tanks listed, so it may be hard to get.
www.petsmart.com/fish/aquariums-stands/top-fin-125-gallon-aq...-28286/cat-36-catid-300013?var_id=36-28286&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Very nice. I will Def look into that. I really would hate to split them up if I don't have to. With both of them being approx 6 inches I have to believe they are either a breeding pair or 2 females that tolerate each other. As u can see in the videos I've posted they just follow each other around the tank 24 7. Fairly rare with O's from what I've seen and read.

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Solid sale on 75 gallon tanks.

Bri B wrote: Very nice. I will Def look into that. I really would hate to split them up if I don't have to. With both of them being approx 6 inches I have to believe they are either a breeding pair or 2 females that tolerate each other. As u can see in the videos I've posted they just follow each other around the tank 24 7. Fairly rare with O's from what I've seen and read.

I have tried two more than once, and it never worked out even in the short term. I would definitely try and keep them together if you can.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bri B

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Solid sale on 75 gallon tanks.

When I was looking at a new 75g I saw that you could but the separate tank and stand combo for cheaper but I went with the Marineland set up because it was $50 more but has an LED light and it has the black silicone which is so much nicer.

The one issue with the 125g setup is that they will put it on sale online and you look for it in a store and it shows as out of stock. Then you actually go to the store and see it. If the 15% sale goes back on the 125 and you cant find it online to pick up I would check with a local store and then if you see it talk with a manager to make them price match to the online price.

I think you should skip the 75 and go for the 125

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

I agree Dmd but like I said I'm not sure if I'm staying at my current place or being forced to move so I'm waiting on the tank choice. I will do everything in my power to keep them together but if they have to be split up into 2 tanks I will do it for their well being. So far they are super compatible and my maintenance regiment has their water specs as healthy as you can hope for.

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Solid sale on 75 gallon tanks.

I'm kind of torn Bri. On the one hand I'm usually one of the first people to chime in and say 'don't keep more than one O in a 55!' but I'm as sure as I can be that you've lucked out and gotten a pair. If you separate them, even if only for a few months you may find they are no longer compatible when you put them together again.

Aside from water parameter issues the other big reason for needing a tank with >4ft footprint to keep two oscars together is because of territory issues. You aren't getting any of that. I'd be inclined to put them both in a 75 gal if you get it, and if the 125 gal isn't an option until you know what your living arrangements will be. Not big enough for 2 long term water volume wise as you know, but better than a 55 gal. It's so rare to have two oscars get along like yours, you've really lucked out big time.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds