75 gal filtration

• daddadoo7
  • daddadoo7's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 created the topic: 75 gal filtration

The tank is almost ready for zeus but im debating on what i should use for filtration. What i have available would be the fx6 (wont be able to use it until the 2262 arrives) or go with the 2217/aquaclear combo. I have the ac50 but would have to buy an ac110.
I could sell the fx6 if i go with the second option of hold onto it (which would be bad ! I would be tempteed to get another tank lol)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:75 gal filtration

Also gonna try and salvage the jager that was giving me problems. Trying to re calibrate now

• Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:75 gal filtration

I always find it difficult on deciding what filters to use on my setups. Hell right now I'm using 4 filters on my tank, but the more filters in use, the more creative you can get with the media.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:75 gal filtration

Frank doesn't the FX6 have flow control, I know it is overkill for a 75, but I would use it and that way when you "have " to get another tank it is good to go.

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:75 gal filtration

Keep it simple Frank, its only a 75. 2217 + AC is good to go. Wouldn't sell the FX, always good to have a big unit on hand. I sense you are trying to keep MTS under control. You will fail, lol!

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Suprd71 wrote: Keep it simple Frank, its only a 75. 2217 + AC is good to go. Wouldn't sell the FX, always good to have a big unit on hand. I sense you are trying to keep MTS under control. You will fail, lol!

You will have to terminate his account, for him to have a chance! :evil:

• daddadoo7
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:75 gal filtration

Trying very very hard.... what is helping is not going on wetspot, aquascape, and rapps sites....i took a peak last week and aquascape has zonatus....omg very very very hard to not look. Havent gone back lol

Back to the tank. I just figured the fx would be easier just slap it on the new tank and not have to buy the ac110. BUT the ac gives me a bit more customization. Can run the purigen and recharge it easily. With the fx though i wouldnt have tonclean the sucker more than once or twice a year.....mhhh

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Re:75 gal filtration

I think that some CA cichlis like powerful flowing water. Not sure what kind of water systems that Zeus comes from, but something to consider. I always think more filtration never hurts if you have it, use it, depending on the preference of your fish.
\
The AC50 likely won't fit on the plastic edge of the 75. Triedd mine once upon a time and wouldn't fit.

If you don't use the FX6, hang on to it for sure. I really want one, but when petsmart had the deal($199 I think)I had to blow all my tank money on a stupid washing machine. An ac110 and the eheim sounds like a perfect combo for a 75, quit thinking about it and hook it up!

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Re:75 gal filtration

Re the AC's.. the 70's don't even fit on 75+ tanks. You have to trim the lip the glass lids rest on. My 3 70's are all on the 55 Festae tank.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds