Beginning the 125 gal search

• Bri B
  • Bri B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32

Bri B created the topic: Beginning the 125 gal search

Has anyone heard of or used either brand name All Glass or Deep Blue tanks? My Lfs owner told me today that he can order me a 125 from either company for a respectable price. Craigslist or a way overpriced custom build r my only other options and I trust Craigslist about as far as I can throw a 125 gallon tank lol. The deep blue is only 4 ft but massive width and height the all glass would be a 6 footer which I prefer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: Beginning the 125 gal search

Never heard of either company, but me being way up here in the Great White North, that's not a surprise. The 4ft is not the way to go for Oscars. 6ft length a huge advantage. I would say that if a retailer is carrying the All Glass, and it comes with a reasonable warranty, and your options are limited, then by all means, give All Glass a shot. Then you can inform the forum as to your satisfaction, or lack thereof with this brand.

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Bri B replied the topic: Re:Beginning the 125 gal search

Yeah sup I Def want the 6 ft length and u guys will clearly be informed every step of the way

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Beginning the 125 gal search

Bri B wrote: Yeah sup I Def want the 6 ft length and u guys will clearly be informed every step of the way

I knew if I said 125g enough that you would come around! 125,125,125,125.....I am not familiar with either company, I paid $400 for my marineland, and that was tank only. If you have a Petsmart in your area, this is a pretty sweet deal on a new one. I know a Petsmart mgr, and he did not know anything about this, but I bet if your local store does not want to help, if you call corporate you can get one.

www.petsmart.com/fish/aquariums-stands/top-fin-125-gallon-aquarium-ensemble-zid36-28286/cat-36-catid-300013?var_id=36-28286

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Rob the link isn't able to be clicked on can u post it again or just tell me the cost?

• Thank you received: 196

UNC-CH replied the topic: Beginning the 125 gal search

The link is clickable now.

Recently, I was looking into getting a 120 for my oscar, since it's 2 ft. deep. I went to the marinland site's store locator and it gave a limited search area with mostly petsmarts and petcos turning up. Aqueon, on the other hand, had a store locator that had a 50 mile radius and returned plenty of dealers I had never heard of.

www.aqueonproducts.com/store-locator/

• Bri B
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder

Thanks Mike u rock as usual and that's a phenomenal deal. Tank stand and lighting for under 6. I want to pinch myself. Still no word on my living situation but I wanted to put the feelers out so I can act asap. I'm seriously beyond thrilled right now. Rob thanks so much

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Re:Beginning the 125 gal search

Bri B wrote: Thanks Mike u rock as usual and that's a phenomenal deal. Tank stand and lighting for under 6. I want to pinch myself. Still no word on my living situation but I wanted to put the feelers out so I can act asap. I'm seriously beyond thrilled right now. Rob thanks so much

I think $560 is a pretty fair price for the tank, tops, lights and stand. I see people asking way more than that on cl for used stuff 125 setups.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bri B

• Thank you received: 187

DMD123 replied the topic: Beginning the 125 gal search

Watch the online Petsmart prices. What happens is they have done sales where you can get an additional 15% off if you buy online and pick up in store. The problem is that you will pick the store and they show as out of stock. This is irritating since I have seen them on the sales floor. So then you have a manager price match the online price for you.

• Thank you received: 160

Poseidon2.0 replied the topic: Beginning the 125 gal search

Suprd71 wrote: Never heard of either company, but me being way up here in the Great White North, that's not a surprise. The 4ft is not the way to go for Oscars. 6ft length a huge advantage. I would say that if a retailer is carrying the All Glass, and it comes with a reasonable warranty, and your options are limited, then by all means, give All Glass a shot. Then you can inform the forum as to your satisfaction, or lack thereof with this brand.

Deep Blue makes awesome sponge filters, but no idea about their aquariums. :lol:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds