FX5 Restricted Flow?

• EdgeX600
  • EdgeX600's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

EdgeX600 created the topic: FX5 Restricted Flow?

So I noticed my FX5 was putting out way less flow into the tank then it should be so I went with my normal cleaning and hooked it back up and it still has really low flow rates. Should I check the impeller and hoses and make sure there are no restrictions? I normally don't and it's been up and running for about 3 years now so maybe its time to inspect the impeller and hoses?

Also is it normal for canisters to cloud your tank after cleaning? Ever since I've had this thing after every cleaning it clouds the tank for a little bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8

Vinny replied the topic: Re:FX5 Restricted Flow?

Clean your hoses and yes check impeller. They recommend changed impeller annually which I don't understand due to the fact I've had 1 for 5 years and then another break after just 2. Same thing happens to me when you turn the filter back on you see it come out from the outtake.

• EdgeX600
  • EdgeX600's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12

EdgeX600 replied the topic: Re:FX5 Restricted Flow?

Vinny wrote: Clean your hoses and yes check impeller. They recommend changed impeller annually which I don't understand due to the fact I've had 1 for 5 years and then another break after just 2. Same thing happens to me when you turn the filter back on you see it come out from the outtake.

Thanks for the reply. Will have to check hoses and impeller this weekend when I get some spare time. Gotta say this is probably the best filter i've ever owned haha

• Thank you received: 3

L.West replied the topic: FX5 Restricted Flow?

It is recommended that you remove the impeller housing and impeller to clean once every six months or so. It is really easy to do and will lengthen the life of the motor/impeller.

As far as the hoses, I don't know about that - I've never cleaned mine out - yikes!!!

I would also recommend having an extra impeller and motor on hand in the event of a break down. When I went online to look for these replacement parts for my FX6 I was shocked at the price of the parts so I ordered another whole unit to be used for spare parts in the event that I may need something. I have two FX6 filters running and absolutely love them - well worth the money in my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SlippinCichlid

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds