Sump filter set-up..What would you do? New aquarium! Need advice

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re:Re:Sump filter set-up..What would you do? New aquarium! Need advice

yeah you can do that
The following user(s) said Thank You: wiksta3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wiksta3
  • wiksta3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

wiksta3 replied the topic: Sump filter set-up..What would you do? New aquarium! Need advice

Can anybody tell me what gph this pump has... It is a Danner but there are no markings on the pump so i don't know the model. The way the previous owner described the water flow is that is was very strong. He said its 800 gph but after doing some research i believe it to be stronger. It closest resembles the 2400 gph but mine is old and the new ones might not be the same. IT appears too big to be only 800 gph. Anybody know how i can figure it out? Thanks!

• wiksta3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

wiksta3 replied the topic: Sump filter set-up..What would you do? New aquarium! Need advice

The pump inlet is 1.5" and outlet is roughly 1". It looks like the 2400 gph on the Danner web site.

Rocksor replied the topic: Sump filter set-up..What would you do? New aquarium! Need advice

You can easily calculate it and get a rough estimate of the gph by filling a 5 gallon bucket and having it pump out the water into another 5 gallon bucket and timing it with a stop watch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wiksta3

• wiksta3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Rocksor wrote: You can easily calculate it and get a rough estimate of the gph by filling a 5 gallon bucket and having it pump out the water into another 5 gallon bucket and timing it with a stop watch.

Great idea. I figure ill hook it up to the tank like it would be normally so i can test it realistically with the set up and going vertical.

Rocksor replied the topic: Sump filter set-up..What would you do? New aquarium! Need advice

If you do it that way, you will have to take into account how much the vertical distance reduces the actual gph coming out of the pump.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds