Spray bar gunked up!

• ArmyStrong
  • ArmyStrong's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ArmyStrong created the topic: Spray bar gunked up!

Quick question for everyone , I recently opened up my canister filter to see if my uv light was still working and in doing so I stirred up a lot of bio which ended up in my spray bar and gunked it up, would that be a indicator that I need to rinse out my canister filter now? Also my surface skimmer is placed underwater at the moment because it sounds as if there is air being sucked in through it and is creating a air pocket in the canister and is making micro bubbles everywhere when it is exited through the spray bar, what should I do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Spray bar gunked up!

whenever you noticed the flow of the canister slow down, then you can do the cleaning... the gurgling sound can be removed by allowing the line to properly fill up removing the air trap inside... i am not sure if your canister has a bleeder or breather.

• ArmyStrong
  • ArmyStrong's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ArmyStrong replied the topic: Re:Spray bar gunked up!

It has a self prime where when you hold it down it's opens the flow and begins to suck water in and then the impeller takes over once you let go

Sent from my HTC331ZLVWPP using Tapatalk

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Spray bar gunked up!

Yes if your spray bar gets gunked up, your canister is overdo for a cleaning.

If you wait for the flow on your canister to go down, then you have waited too long to clean the canister. If you have an oscar, each canister (except for large canisters like the FX 6) needs to be cleaned every 3-4 months in old tank water.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds