combining 2 hob filters

• Tomfish_13
  • Tomfish_13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Tomfish_13 created the topic: combining 2 hob filters

ok here we go. I have 3 hob filters 2 cascade 200s and one topfin 60. one of the cascade filters dosent have a moter. the other is perfectly fine. the topfin has a motor but on one side about half inch under the water fills there is a crack that follows to the lip or spout were the water poors out. every time I clean or do maintenance on the tank it either gets bumped or touched somehow so the crack I have puddyed or glued breaks again. now the moter on the topfin is smaller than the opening on the spare cascade filter so no go there. is there any way to make only one side of the topfin fill up or some way to get the topfin moter to work on the cascade. or even better a simple way to use the topfin motor and make a intank filltter/ powerhead myself? thanks any other suggestions ideas I didn't think of are welcome to

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: combining 2 hob filters

I'm sorry, I am not familiar with these type of filters, but if you just be patient I'm sure that one of our members will give you some advice sometime today.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Tomfish_13
  • Tomfish_13's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

Tomfish_13 replied the topic: combining 2 hob filters

thanks they are standard hob filters also can i use the motor on my hob as a powerhead underwater

• Thank you received: 1

Jonesy replied the topic: combining 2 hob filters

In my experience most motors on HOB Filters are not interchangeable. Your best bet is this website. I buy all my parts for tank supplies here.

www.aquariumpart.com/default.asp

Jonesy

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds