Poret cube

• bland
  • bland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

bland created the topic: Poret cube

Hi.

Just switched out one of my ati sponge filter for a poret cube filter. It looks better in the corner of the tank, and I'm hoping I won't have a floating issue due to micro bubbles every time I do a water change.

My question is, the air tube, should it be all the way to the bottom, or just bellow the top of the sponge? I have it just below the top, and that, in my mind, is the way it should be. Anyone else use them that can answer my question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Poret cube

inside that white tube, there is a small pipet where the air hose will be connected allowing air bubbles to come up and pushing water through the tube extracting water through the foam... that is how the foam cube works.... however, those foam filter could not support if you are keeping an oscar.

• bland
  • bland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2

bland replied the topic: Poret cube

This is backup filtration. I have a large canister on my tank.

Unlike the ati sponges the air/water only enters the tube from the bottom and that's why I'm guessing its best to have it just below the top of the sponge. Just want to make sure I'm using it right.

vs this

• Thank you received: 253

DRACO replied the topic: Poret cube

sorry, i was a bit confused about your question... but seeing the two type of foam filter which i also have, the two have the same purpose but the lower pictures is more efficient than the upper picture... both have same principle

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds