Redecorated my Tank

• Wols
  • Wols's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Wols created the topic: Redecorated my Tank

I had a constant issue with the sand in my tank. Given the power of the pump, it was always getting moved by the water flow. This left the right side of the tank constantly bare. I decided to redecorate and add some gravel to the mix. I love the look of sand too much to get rid of it all so decided to use the two and blend it in as best as i can. I moved all the rocks and driftwood to the right side of the tank, which now has the gravel added.

Here is a close up of how i have tried to blend it in. You can also just see the Raphael Catfishes rock cave in the back.

There is still some sand to be added in the foreground (Where the sand meets the gravel). I will try to smooth that out so it blends in better. In hindsight i should have gotten some finer gravel to blend it in better but overall i am very happy with it. The fish seem to love it also. Lets see how long it lasts before the Oscar decides to redecorate it him/her self.

Of course i have to give in to my new addiction and add a photo of the star of the show :lol:

Let me know what you think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Shaun70 replied the topic: Redecorated my Tank

Nice setup, and love your Oscar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wols

• Thank you received: 5

donk232 replied the topic: Redecorated my Tank

I really like the tank! Nice Oscar too.

• S.S.
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • "Failure is giving anything less than your best"
  • Thank you received: 15

S.S. replied the topic: Re:Redecorated my Tank

Nice setup and great markings on that Oscar. About the sand I think the Oscar will probably rearrange the setup and o e day you will have sand again on that side.

"Tapatalking"

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds