Reliable Heater (75 Gal)

• danperagine
  • danperagine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

danperagine created the topic: Reliable Heater (75 Gal)

So I recently just set up my 75 gallontank that came with two Aqueon 300 watt's (not the pro version) the first one was a complete bust, moisture inside/indicator light broken, so I put in the brand new out of the box Aqueon 300 watt, overheating my tank to almost 80 degrees when I wanted to keep it at 68-72 (for the goldfish) and also to know I HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL of the heater. Even on the lowest setting it kept staying on, even after talking with the customer service to help me calibrate it still overheating. They are sending me a new one of this heater, but to be honest I've already been convinced that I probably don't want to trust this heater.

So my options I am looking at picking up a new heater and I am torn what to get. My Options are from what I read:

Eheim Jager: used to be top of the line, but quality has since declined and more and more are having troubles
Aqueon Pro: I hear good things but my two experiences with Aqueon left a bad taste in my mouth, however it is a new model, Shatterproof/etc
Finnex Titanium: Now this got me intrigued because it is Shatterproof, it comes with a controller, nearly indestructable when it comes to the heater itself.

Now what I am mostly concerned about it the heater going rogue and heating my tank way to high from a malfunction overnight or while I am at work. I need something I can have peace of mind with, any recommendations with wattage?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9

muddybear replied the topic: Reliable Heater (75 Gal)

Personally, I like the fluval E-series. I have 3 of the 300w-2 on my 150 and 1 on my 75: good construction, simple to set temperature, reliable/accurate thermostat, sturdy guard.
More than happy and if I was setting up another tank I would buy again.

• Thank you received: 40

face mcshooty replied the topic: Reliable Heater (75 Gal)

i don't think eny heater is 100% trust worthy that said a Eheim Jager is the only heater I've owned that's lasted more then a year

if you want a extra layer of protection you can get a heater controller they bypass the heaters thermostat so its less likely to boil you're tank

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead focus on what to do next

• S.S.
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • "Failure is giving anything less than your best"
  • Thank you received: 15

S.S. replied the topic: Re:RE: Reliable Heater (75 Gal)

muddybear wrote: Personally, I like the fluval E-series. I have 3 of the 300w-2 on my 150 and 1 on my 75: good construction, simple to set temperature, reliable/accurate thermostat, sturdy guard.
More than happy and if I was setting up another tank I would buy again.

I'm using one also. Nice and accurate settings.

"Tapatalking"

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds