filters

• steve ellison
  • steve ellison's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

steve ellison created the topic: filters

hi Penn yes i am using 2 fluval 404 but thay are older ones i have to say thay have more then earned there keep over the years that i have hade them however i am considering changing them to eheim filters would i need the same model as yours ? what are thay like to change i.e. for cleaning and maintenance i have a good shop by me and thay say these are good ones and thay always seem to give me good straight advice thanks steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:filters

The ones I use absolutely superb, I absolutely love them. Maintenance is really easy. As long as you actually know what you are taking apart then you shouldn't have a problem. They are also self priming which doesn't always work that well. If you put the water in the filter and turn it on, they normally start automatically anyway. If you run two filters on a big tank and you shouldn't have to clean them for at least a month. Obviously this does depends on how much food you put in the tank. If you piled too much food in, then you'll probably find the filters will become dirty quicker. If you feed sensibly, as in not too much , the tank stays very clean and you only have to do one water change a week.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds