posting etiquette?

• lcnyoung
  • lcnyoung's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

lcnyoung created the topic: posting etiquette?

Hi! I'm a relatively new member to this forum, and I have a question on posting etiquette-- specifically, starting new topics.

If I have a question that is close to what someone has asked in a thread, but my specific question isn't answered exactly, should I post in the existing thread (even if it's old) or start a new one?

My past experience with forums (well, one) was that it was imperative that you search first for an answer to your question, and only when you could not find anything related could you post a new topic. Even then, if the answer was out there and you just didn't find it, people would tell you (usually being helpful and posting a link to the info) and a mod would shut the thread down (usually with an admonishment to read the FAQ).

So, what is the general procedure here? I haven't really been able to figure it out. Thanks much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Miss Nicki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Miss Nicki replied the topic: Re: posting etiquette?

We really prefer you Search for your answer, but our "Search Engine SUCKS!!!" (Quoting Necromancer4)

When you don't find it, Post your own thread... You are most likely to get a quicker answer that way! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds