Let's try and sort this website problem out

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL created the topic: Let's try and sort this website problem out

Okay guys, there is obviously something going on with the website regarding it lagging and running slowly. However I've got to be honest with you, I'm not experiencing any problems that are causing concern for me on this website. However, I have noticed a similar thing happening on a couple of other websites say something is going on somewhere, obviously with the host or it would not be happening on more than one website. Problem is, Host Gator claim that there is nothing wrong so that puts us in a bit of an awkward position.

So this is what I propose we do. Those of you who are experiencing problems, please keep a diary of problems that are occurring, time of day, browser you are using, Internet connection speed etc. Maybe in a weeks time we can compare notes and then approach host Gator again and then hopefully they will look a little more deeply into the problem.

It is weird that not everyone is experiencing the same thing, I'm using Firefox, not the latest version, the one before and I really don't seem to have much of a problem. Just occasionally I may click on the menu item and it will hang, I just click it again and everything seems okay. I been doing some work on the website in the last two days and I really haven't had any problems.

We will get there in the end, don't give up hope guys.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

I haven't had the serious issues I did ever since I switched from chrome to firefox...just the occasional hang up that you described boss.

• Thank you received: 237

Noddy replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

Not having any problems right now, while using Firefox 6.0, but i will keep a dairy if things do not work like they should.
I've had my share of problems, but i allways notified you right away.
Hope this will make the site better in use for other members. ;)

• Jillfishie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Jillfishie replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

@OFL
your host server is running fine. Issues with ppl experiencing lag is normal with a world wide server. Depends on their own personal ISP & distance to host server. Some ISPs are controlling bandwidth and if the ISP is busy... well they will lag.
I hope this helps you out

• Thank you received: 11

WylDe Billy replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

thanks boss
ill keep a log
;)

• Thank you received: 47

yaserloz replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

Well I don't have any problem at all if it's sever problem then all users should have the same problem I think it's Clint-side problem

• OFL
  • OFL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

I think that those of you who have been having problems, I would suggest that you look a little bit closer to home, have a word with your ISP and tell them what is happening. I have been having a chat with a few people and I really don't think the issue lies with our server. Like I have said already, I'm not having a problem, everything is running just fine for me, believe me if it wasn't, I would be pulling my hair out until I found out what was wrong. I have spoken with host Gator on a couple of occasions and they cannot find anything wrong

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• brad0h
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • A Hungry Fish Is A Healthy Fish
  • Thank you received: 25

brad0h replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

My computers pretty high maintence and this site does lag every once in awhile.. but no other sites I go on do. I would think it's due to the fact I'm using Chrome, because as stated above it seems that it's a Chrome Issue and I would probably be 100% fine on Mozilla.

We aren't joking when we say water changes and Prime are the best solution to a problem.

• Thank you received: 26

dotti90 replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

I use Opera (love it xD) and dont get any issues so thats my input to the situation xD

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: Re: Let's try and sort this website problem out

I really think a lot of the problem is Chrome too. I switched to FireFox and its been working great. I think those that are using Chrome should try FireFox and let us know how it goes. Also anyone using others and having issues should express them. The question is, why is there probs with Chrome?

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds