it's time there was a twitter account for OFL

• benmcfadden
  • Loose Lips Sink Ships
  • Thank you received: 877

benmcfadden replied the topic: Re: it's time there was a twitter account for OFL

I often view the site on my phone

Haku, I knew your were good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182

jnet replied the topic: Re: it's time there was a twitter account for OFL

hey Penn just eating a rocky bar and cuppa tea :P

Thought I would let you know :laugh:

The only things I've seen of facebook seem to be how to annoy your friends or post how bad things are. Like your partners sleeping around and so hand and it gets blown way out of concept and tarnishes everyones sensible rational thinking jsut shows many are just spitefull and cat.

I do see how it is a good thing aswell dont get me wrong it benefits many.

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: it's time there was a twitter account for OFL

i have never really seen the point of twitter :unsure:

I don't want to hear about what type of cereal people eat in the morning. :blink: :lol:

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

• arjun
  • arjun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

arjun replied the topic: Re: it's time there was a twitter account for OFL

ok. So, i see a lot of you are against Twitter. But hear me out.

1. Twitter is where people follow their interests. That is why i'm suggesting there be an account where people who love Oscar fish can find each other. Yes, they can find each other here as well, but it would be a lot more convenient to follow all your interests in one place.

2. I'm not suggesting we remove the features of this website and move them to Twitter. So, people who dont want to use Twitter can still use this website as usual.

3. About what the account would post, all it has to do is to post links to interesting articles and forum topics that are already there in the website. This should comfortably fit in the character limit and most people are happy with links. General advice on Oscar care and maintenance may be difficult but could also work.

4. One of the huge advantages of using Twitter and other social websites is how much we can make a difference in other people's lives. There are millions of users. A strong community on Twitter or Fb will encourage people to try or atleast inform people about the joy of Oscars!

5. The world has changed and youngsters are attracted to social networking websites. It's time we adapt to the changes. This would be a Win - Win. More people will visit this website and get involved in the forums. They'll also learn and discover new things about Oscars.

Hopefully, you guys consider what i've said. I'm eagerly waiting for your responses.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re: it's time there was a twitter account for OFL

I can see your point. I do use twitter in one of my other hobbies, if only to announce what frequency I'm using. I'm still not sure how it would benefit us, what would you post on twitter that would help this website? I did create an account for us, I can't remember what it is though. Somebody has already taken Oscarfishlover, although they do use it so I suspect it's just so we can't use it.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: it's time there was a twitter account for OFL

arjun wrote: ok. So, i see a lot of you are against Twitter. But hear me out.

1. Twitter is where people follow their interests. That is why i'm suggesting there be an account where people who love Oscar fish can find each other. Yes, they can find each other here as well, but it would be a lot more convenient to follow all your interests in one place.

2. I'm not suggesting we remove the features of this website and move them to Twitter. So, people who dont want to use Twitter can still use this website as usual.

3. About what the account would post, all it has to do is to post links to interesting articles and forum topics that are already there in the website. This should comfortably fit in the character limit and most people are happy with links. General advice on Oscar care and maintenance may be difficult but could also work.

4. One of the huge advantages of using Twitter and other social websites is how much we can make a difference in other people's lives. There are millions of users. A strong community on Twitter or Fb will encourage people to try or atleast inform people about the joy of Oscars!

5. The world has changed and youngsters are attracted to social networking websites. It's time we adapt to the changes. This would be a Win - Win. More people will visit this website and get involved in the forums. They'll also learn and discover new things about Oscars.

Hopefully, you guys consider what i've said. I'm eagerly waiting for your responses.

And there are a lot of negatives to social networking sites as well, not the least of which is all the dirtbags that use these sites. Peoples' lives have been shattered because of sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc. If I want to "social network", I go out & actually strike up a conversation w/ real people in a real social setting. I am a part of OFL because this site is dedicated to fishkeeping, which is one of my passions. I don't need to know what Joe Schmo is doing @ 3am on a Thursday night, & personally, I don't care. Listen, if someone wants to join one of these social sites,it's your life, feel free. OFL functions just fine w/out having to "change w/ the times". It's actually one of the best aquarium forums out there, & I've visited quite a few. I find no redeeming qualities in any of the "social" networking sites, as they are unnecessary, have been proven to be unsecure, & I see absolutely no reason to add or change to one of them. There's an old saying..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it". :evil:

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• arjun
  • arjun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

arjun replied the topic: Re: it's time there was a twitter account for OFL

There is no argument. This is the best Oscar fish site and has the best forums! Even i don't care what people are doing every moment of their lives. As to the shattering of lives, i have no idea or experience. i am not extremely active on social networking sites either, but i do use twitter to find out interesting hobbies and try them out. Rather than look at twitter as a micro blogging site, i look at it as a playground for hobbies and interests. Do you disagree that we'd be able to reach out to more people by having a twitter account? No, i'm not suggesting a popularity contest, but educating Oscar enthusiasts. I dont think we need to post anything at all. Just an account where people can find each other. that's all. It's not going to cost anything, not going to promote twitter, and surely not going to shatter lives(maybe save a few O lives).

And it's extremely interesting and feel-good to have people reply and be active on such forums. Thanks! :)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds