OFL IS THE BOMB

• mathew-byrne
  • mathew-byrne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8

mathew-byrne created the topic: OFL IS THE BOMB

just wanted to take the time to say that i have learnt so much from being aprt of this site and not just about oscars but keeping fish all together from filters to water chemestry to different breeds of fish.. Ive recently joined the monster fish keepers forum and theres some good people on there but have noticed alot of massive tanks but allways over stocked.. one thing i did notice is there cool logo and stickers and stuff they have for sale.. Just thinking of how awesome it would b for a OFL sticker / logo..

Any way just wanted to say thank you to everyone for there advice and for some really funny posts.. PEACE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RoxyTheDog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Love your Pets.
  • Thank you received: 166

RoxyTheDog replied the topic: Re: OFL IS THE BOMB

I agree!
You never stop learning new things on here and its always full of helpful info.
Before i got my O`s i found this site and i read countless threads and i must have read thousands of posts LOL
What sticks in my mind most is the simple things you can do to ensure healthy fish. Cycled filters, 50% water changes EVERY WEEK and healthy diet, the O`s will look after themselves if you get those 3 things right but you won`t hear that from the LFS!

:)

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

• mathew-byrne
  • mathew-byrne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8

mathew-byrne replied the topic: Re: OFL IS THE BOMB

very true we need a graphic designer or somthing to get a ofl logo

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re: OFL IS THE BOMB

I've also got an account with MFK but to be quite honest I find the site rather overwhelming. I don't really like crowded places :-)

Creating OFL merchandise is something that We have talked about before. However, you have to start somewhere and normally you need to inject quite a lot of money into a scheme where you are selling merchandise. I would never say never but at the moment it's not top of my agenda.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Re: OFL IS THE BOMB

I have been on MFK & a few other aqaurium forums, & have to say that I found them to be full of "cliquey" know-it-alls, mods & members alike(this is the politest thing I can say about the other forums I have joined). OFL is the best site out there in terms of friendly, knowledgeable people & an easy to navigate site. Really the best out there. ;)

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• jjjohnston8623
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Variety is the Spice of life!!
  • Thank you received: 47

jjjohnston8623 replied the topic: Re: OFL IS THE BOMB

I agree with Fishguy66. other forums are not as nice a community as OFL! and probably never will be. Also very VERY hard to navigate..

Before I got my oscar I did ALOT of research, and everytime I asked google a question it would direct me here to OFL. So I thought I might as well join :)

I absolutely love this forum and the people here.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re: OFL IS THE BOMB

jjjohnston8623 wrote: I agree with Fishguy66. other forums are not as nice a community as OFL! and probably never will be. Also very VERY hard to navigate..

Before I got my oscar I did ALOT of research, and everytime I asked google a question it would direct me here to OFL. So I thought I might as well join :)

I absolutely love this forum and the people here.

Is that your yellow Oscar in your avatar? Do you mind if I use it on the website?

Hey guys, thanks for the comments, very much appreciated. That's one reason why I started this website back in 2006, I used to be an avid user of another well-known forum but the amount of arguments that used to break out really p1$$ed me off. It is amazing how an argument could materialise from absolutely nowhere. Mind you, I'm not saying we are whiter than white, every forum No matter what it's about has its moments and we certainly have had ours.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• jjjohnston8623
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Variety is the Spice of life!!
  • Thank you received: 47

jjjohnston8623 replied the topic: Re: OFL IS THE BOMB

Yes she's mine :) She's supposidly a lutino but has yellow coloring, which I've never seen before. She's going thru another color change, she's getting like a golden orange through her fins.

sure you can use the picture :) :) :)

I've got another pic of her on my profile too feel free

• Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: OFL IS THE BOMB

yup.

there's no place like OFL. ;)

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds