A little message from me

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

sdraiders619 replied the topic: A little message from me

Suprd71 wrote: Fact is we have lost maybe the most experienced fishkeeper in the entire site. Gruff and to the point yes.. so what? Never gave bad advice on the hobby, always came across with facts. Got cussed out because he doesnt like Flowerhorns? Unacceptable.

Cussed out? I merely said I don't give an f about his opinion, I didn't tell him to f off. Jeez it was one cuss word. I didn't call him a mother effer, I literally just said I don't give an f about his opinion because he was implying I was getting hurt because he hates fh's. I honestly have no idea how this became such a big deal, it was one cuss word! And not even used in that bad of a way. I've since apologized, edited my post, and have tried to message him but he blocked me. Dont blame me for him leaving, that's on him. He decided to leave. he couldve simply ignored me and stay if he wanted to. I've had over 5 people message me since this all went down saying they understand where I came from and that a simple debate was turned a little too personal before I said the ONE cuss word. There is a way of explaining stuff to people bluntly without being rude. I've since been called an little immature foul mouth boy upon many other worst things. For people to say I shouldn't have said one cuss word and this topic should be ignored it seems a little hypocritical when ur doing and saying those worse things. I wanted to stay out of this topic but when I constantly get brought up in a negative light its hard to sit back and just take it. Ive posted here over 700 times, and said one cuss word (and not even used in that bad of a way) and some people think I should be instantly banned? Come on
The topic has been locked.
  • bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Parachromis and Caquetaia thorichthys Addict
  • Thank you received: 182

bassetman replied the topic: A little message from me

If there is way to do it without being rude possibly you can use that method next time.

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement
  • sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I agree I am not innocent, but as a whole this whole forum everyone needs to be more polite when explaining things to someone who has a difference in opinion
  • bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Not innocent , a major understatement . You asked for opinions, you knew it was a charged issue, you turned into a Whiney punk. I actually quite like your fish, I have no big problem with flower horns .i used to have one....it died in a fire. I never want to see or hear of another after this. Same with the poster of the topic that started this whole freaking mess.

• sdraiders619
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Again with the name calling. You have insulted me several times now and I have yet to respond in an insulting manner yet I am the immature one, Just drop it, its over, let's move on.
  • bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Ok fine I was describing your behavior not insulting you. I will rephrasing you behaved in a very childish way and continue to do so.bye bye.go away.

People saying things you do not like is not insulting you. If you act like a jerk expect to be described that way.

jnet replied the topic: A little message from me

really ????

please just stop this its pathetic

you are just get angry over spilt milk here guys

I'm living my life, but not necessarily in the right order :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: sdraiders619
  • bassetman
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

No that is untrue jnet.

• JasonR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hey man...Got a light?
  • Thank you received: 452

JasonR replied the topic: A little message from me

This does all have to stop. Its obviously no secret what caused this boil over but what's done is done. No the op of that thread did not handle the critisims the best and did use a curse word in an emotional reaction to it. Was it the way it should've been handled, no but mistakes are made. Even as such it doesn't call for responses loaded with insults and condesending remarks. More than one party handled the situation inappropriately and violated forum rules as they are written and that is fact. Regardless that debate is over and the debate on who was right and who was wrong needs to be over. Everyone has staked their positions on it and are obviously not budging so we need to agree to disagree here. This thread was meant to find out how our members would like the rules to be enforced on this site not to rehash old arguments. Personally I came here and come here to make friends and talk to people about this passion we share because frankly outside of here I don't know anyone as passionate as you guys. As a moderator I would want no part of ruling with an iron fist because that would mean constantly policing good friends because let's be honest we all have made mistakes and violated forum rules at some point or another, myself included. Really when it comes down to it, if I had to moderate in this way I probably would end up with no friends here. We just need to remember that we all are gonna find ourselves having differing opinions than others at some point and arguments and tension will happen. Escalation and retaliation is never necessary however since we are all adults. If arguments get to that point and if anyone feels things are out of hand or someone is out of line, please feel free to pm me or another mod and we will use our best judgement to rectify the situation. Posts casting members in a bad light can be deleted, problematic members can be talked to and dealt with, but there is never a good reason for things to boil over the way they sometimes do.

For now I'm going to lock this thread as all have had a chance to weigh in on Penn's original question and it's not gonna become a place to open old wounds. Obviously if Penn disagrees he can unlock it.

Just know this I value this forum, it's members and the friends I have here because when it comes to this passion of ours you guys are all I have.

Edit: Anyone that does want to discuss with me what I posted please do not hesitate to PM me. I will always listen and discuss anything with you guys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thor84
Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds