TOO LArGE file!

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO created the topic: TOO LArGE file!

Ladies and Gentlemen:

i was told by my young daughter who is into web design that too large files affects the performance of the system...
more often than not, only few people read back all the post in the entire thread. with the efficiency of the site in mind,
i would like to suggest that we lock too large files and create a new one to help the site. we have several thread that have
reached 1K post and a couple of thousand views.... we can create the next the next thread with suffix 1..2.. and so on leaving behind
the old one but remain active and can be accessed...

any thought about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: TOO LArGE file!

i do agree with a large thread it will tax the server load ... but it's boiled down to the server itself .. it should be sufficient to handle the load. don't know if Penn migrated the forum to a better/beefier servers .. if i'm not mistaken? but certainly not a bad suggestion.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 415

OFL replied the topic: TOO LArGE file!

We run on a VPS (Virtual Private Server)

This is the specifications we are using at the moment

CPU

1.98 GHZ
RAM

1344 MB
Disk Space

59 GB
Bandwidth

1050 GB

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• Thank you received: 254

DRACO replied the topic: TOO LArGE file!

tehmole wrote: i do agree with a large thread it will tax the server load ... but it's boiled down to the server itself .. it should be sufficient to handle the load. don't know if Penn migrated the forum to a better/beefier servers .. if i'm not mistaken? but certainly not a bad suggestion.

thanks for the input.... yes... it depends on the server... but why let the server took the load if we can help easing it.
correct me if i'm wrong, too much large files contribute to the operational problem of the site before... whenever we access
those large files but reading the latest post only do give the system heavy load...

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: TOO LArGE file!

with the spec penn posted, we should lock those threads as you described ... should speed up the performance...

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds