Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

• cebosound
  • cebosound's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 297

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

true adam. but the JD lived in the big tank with the Oscars and corys for a month or so. around january this year. and the JD chased the corys more than the oscars did, but eventually realized he couldn't catch them and left them alone. those corys are great little escape artists. and that aspect is underestimated a bit because of there pudgy shape.

My YouTube Channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/cebosound1?blend=1&ob=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cebosound
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

cebosound replied the topic: Re: Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

this one actually looks alot like mine. i think this might be what mine is, and it appears there is a slight difference from the "emeralds". though i could be wrong.
www.aquariumlife.net/profiles/south-american-catfish/hognosed-brochis/100123.asp
Its interesting to find out these fish are from south america. like our Oscar friends. :)

• cebosound
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

actually now that i have watched a couple vids, mine does have more of an Emerald color. But i am still not sure if there is really a difference between the two i am comparing. :unsure: :dry: :lol: .
Here is a very short vid of a lot of them in one place. :lol:

• Thank you received: 0

Aaronk replied the topic: Re: Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

I think the ones I saw at the lfs might have been the hognose. They were more of a gray color and had a longer looking nose. They also sold emerald ones separately at about 1" in size. It seems there are three species of brochis. It could be they are selling the emeralds at a larger size and calling them brochis. I just never saw corys that big before and thought they were a different kind.

• cebosound
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder

Aaronk wrote: I think the ones I saw at the lfs might have been the hognose. They were more of a gray color and had a longer looking nose. They also sold emerald ones separately at about 1" in size. It seems there are three species of brochis. It could be they are selling the emeralds at a larger size and calling them brochis. I just never saw corys that big before and thought they were a different kind.

yeah, if you are going to try cory's with an Oscar. Get them at full size while the O's are small. that gives them the best chance. ........and IF it works out, they are great little clean up guys. :)

pupfishes replied the topic: Re: Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

I have a Cory in my tank with my 3" Oscar and they sit right together like they're buds. Once in a while my Oscar will give the Cory a nudge but I really like the Cory and as stated previously, there's no way my Oscar would catch the Cory, he's one of the fastest, slickest little fish I've seen. I'm think 0-60 in half a second, LOL. :)

• Thank you received: 877

Rocksor replied the topic: Re: Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

cories eventually sleep, and oscars eventually learn to hunt in the night

• Thank you received: 18

turtle lover replied the topic: Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

I had a panda cory which got eaten by my oscar.

Stanley replied the topic: Re: Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

'cories eventually sleep, and oscars eventually learn to hunt in the night '

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stanley replied the topic: Re: Cory Cats don't belong with Oscars!.... or do they

Here you go:

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds