Lonely Oscar?

• Thank you received: 0

fish replied the topic: Re:Lonely Oscar?

I get the earth worms ( when dry outside) sand eels and squid from the bait shop. I get their pellets from pets at home, king british , cichlid floating food pellets.
There is something in sand eels that seem to make them lay eggs, strange but true:)

I love my river dogs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Lonely Oscar?

Never tried sand eels before, I'll have to give them a go. Gave them a boilie once. I think it was rather like chewing on a gobstopper. They did try though

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

• ped_07
  • ped_07's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

ped_07 replied the topic: Re:Lonely Oscar?

hi people, i never said i got them from the tackle shop, just my local fish shop, there called hikari cichlid staple pellets. says on it " all the food ur oscar will ever need " but i think i will listen to the actual owners of fish, im going to get some worms from the tackle shop at the weekend and give the big lad some of them squirmers! he is alot more acftive today but its only because he hasnt eaten in 24hrs. my tank is 4 foot wide 2 foot tall and a foot wide. could someone tell me what the amount of gallons are in this and is it big enough for my oscar (about 10 inces and FAT ) and also big enough to introduce a couple more fish. thanks folks

Peter

• OFL
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Founder of OFL
  • Thank you received: 414

OFL replied the topic: Re:Lonely Oscar?

It was fish who said she got her pellets from the fishing tackle shop :)

Oscars quite like worms, sometimes they wriggle through their gills, it looks really uncomfortable. hikari is an excellent and very well-known make of food, in fact I use them a lot. I much prefer using the more expensive side of the food, they are tried and tested by it a lot of people around the world.

I may not always be right, but I am always the BOSS :-)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds