my convict keeps chasing my female convict.......

• abrarahamed
  • abrarahamed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0

abrarahamed created the topic: my convict keeps chasing my female convict.......

well...yesterday i bought a female convict for my male convict with an intention of breeding them,but yesterday the whole day my male kept chasing my female convict and now today its hiding beside the filter with it tail being slightly nipped. I am worrying that this would end up in the death of my female convict ,which i am no expecting so.Now what is the actual problem and what can be done for it. :( :unsure: :dry: :blush: :S

And i forgot to mention that it is a 20 gallon tank.......
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 583

Suprd71 replied the topic: my convict keeps chasing my female convict.......

Tank is too small for a pair of Cons, and the male has claimed the whole thing as his. He is defending, and wont stop defending his space

I may not be the Boss, but I'm ALWAYS right!
  • Thank you received: 10

Peeps replied the topic: my convict keeps chasing my female convict.......

I agree the tank is too small. The thing with cichlids is you NEVER know if they will get along or even if they do one day they may not. The male convict see that tank as his territory. The only thing you can do is re-arrange the decorations, maybe add new ones so he thinks he is in a new tank. Sometimes it works sometimes is doesn't. But as far as the tank size it will only hold one convict for life. Or they may just be incompatible.

Good luck, I wish you the best.
  • Thank you received: 158

Goranothos replied the topic: my convict keeps chasing my female convict.......

Woman in the man cave. ;)

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.” -Mike Tyson
  • Thank you received: 0

mort the oscar replied the topic: my convict keeps chasing my female convict.......

You can remove him for24hr. Rearrange thank when he is out of it.when you put him back in the effect is he is the new one in the tank its worked on and off for me over the years .but incompatible is just that. I had one male that killed all his mates thy just truned up dead you may need to add some more hiding spots too
Good luck
  • Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:my convict keeps chasing my female convict.......

Welcome to OFL Mort. I'm gonna lock this thread since it's an older one, I believe the problem was solved and it has been untouched for so long. Feel free to chat away on other threads and give advice.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.
Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds