Can I Have Any Tankmates

• Cichlidzzano
  • Cichlidzzano's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Cichlidzzano created the topic: Can I Have Any Tankmates

My setup is a 90 gallon tank with one 11 inch oscar. Its currently running 2700 pitres per hour of filteration. With that in mind is there any possible tank mates? Preferably a pleco, however im not sure what type as a common is too big for a 90 gal and a bristlenose is too small. Anything inbetween the size of those two breeds? Or maybe even another fish, im not sure just need some help on another tankmate, cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Can I Have Any Tankmates

The crew will need more info before they can help you...filtration and water change schedule...your guy is big he may not let anything else live in that tank

• Thank you received: 0

Trautsla replied the topic: Can I Have Any Tankmates

I have a 125 with a pleco and an oscar and the poop(word edit) is overwhelming. I upgraded from a 55 thinking i could get a electric blue JD. This site talked me out of it, but i still look for suggestions for additions to the tank. I wouldn't be lonely, but I worry my oscar is.

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Can I Have Any Tankmates

I have a 125 with an oscar and small male Honduran red point. I am going to add a pleco and I'm sure not looking forward to the mess but I like plecos enough to take on the mess. As for bio load that will be the max I'd ever want in the tank. I had 2 oscars, a green phantom pleco and a group of small silver dollars at one time, and while the tank wasn't crowded the bio load was a lot to keep up with.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Can I Have Any Tankmates

Cichlids like Oscars do not get lonely.......that is an emotion that their brain structure is incapable of; in point of fact, most large omnivorous/predatory SA/CA cichlids do not appreciate the presence of con/hetero specifics outside of breeding, & even then it is hit or miss.

I would recommend some size appropriate Clown Loaches (3 or 4) or some Silver Dollars or a few Tinfoil barbs.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

• Thank you received: 171

robham7770 replied the topic: Can I Have Any Tankmates

In a 90 with a single oscar, you might try a rhino pleco. These guys max out at 11" so are right in the range you might be looking for.

• Thank you received: 3

JamJar replied the topic: Can I Have Any Tankmates

I was told Silver Dollars have very low Bio load and clean up real good :)

• Thank you received: 163

tehmole replied the topic: Can I Have Any Tankmates

i agree with dark ~ a school of clown loaches will be a very nice and colorful addition - but keep in mind CL's are sensitive to bad water - so WC WC WC (Water Change)

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds