Lucas, JD

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Re:Lucas, JD

I'm not a JD fan but the members on here that have them, have some really nice looking ones for sure. Another nice JD right there. There is a way to fix those fins if your really set on fixing them. It involves the proper amount of clove oil administered to put the fish out and trimming the area and allowing it to grow back correctly. Our local club leader Joey from all the DIY stuff on YouTube posted a vid or linked a vid one time on how to do it. It was an arrowana tail that they fixed in that vid. If the damage isn't too far down its basically like trimming fingernails and allowing it to grow back. I'll see if I can find the link.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigsfish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 266

daddadoo7 replied the topic: Re:Lucas, JD

Wow that would be interesting to see

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Lucas, JD

Jmunroe, I hope you don't mind but I was familiar with the video you mentioned so thought I'd throw the link up:

here's the update:

• Craigsfish
  • Craigsfish's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27

Craigsfish replied the topic: Re:Lucas, JD

I would not feel comfortable doing that. I think Lucas is going to have to live with his defect lol.
Awesome but crazy video...Wow
Thanks for posting............

• Thank you received: 185

Lammergeier replied the topic: Re:Lucas, JD

I personally wouldn't put a pet fish under for something cosmetic like that, but it is something that's definitely good to know how to do should the need ever arise. One thing I've seen others do when performing surgery on their fish is to run an air line hose with oxygenated water + enough anaesthetic to keep them under through their gills while performing a procedure. Keeps them knocked out but able to breathe better.

I'd definitely suggest getting MS222 (fish anaesthetic) instead of clove oil if someone's intention is to temporarily anaesthetise instead of putting to sleep. Clove oil dosage isn't really an exact science by any means.

• Thank you received: 195

jmunroe replied the topic: Lucas, JD

Don't mind at all. That's right it was Joeys arrowana. I couldn't remember if it was his or not. He has those fish in a larger tank now with two 50 gallon drums as filters and a constant drip. He also added discus as dithers from his breeding stock. There are update vids showing the tails regrowth as well. He lives close and I always wanted to go see his setup but never got there whenever the socials were at his place.

Edit: just realized you put the update vid there as well. Nice.

Go do a water change - the solution to pollution is dilution.

• Darth Nandopsis
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Dark Lord of the Fish
  • Thank you received: 441

Darth Nandopsis replied the topic: Lucas, JD

That dorsal fin is missing rays & will not heal...great color though.

THOSE WHO REFUSE KNOWLEDGE ARE DOOMED TO FAIL.

WATER CHANGES ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS HOBBY. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE SO OR SIMPLY DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING THEM, RE-HOME YOUR FISH, SELL YOUR AQUARIUM & FIND ANOTHER HOBBY, AS YOU WILL FAIL UTTERLY, COMPLETELY, & MISERABLY.

Moderators: Big-KenDRACO
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds